classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
:{Per}: donna30
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Bigtext welcome

donna30
I've used these kind of cfg's on my old 4.1 server and I think it'd make our servers more "special" than others if we implent a plugin which automaticly executes a cfg which inserts the players name in it and welcome him in a special way. Idk if its possible but only show him the messeage since for others this could get annoying :)

How this could look like:

Youtube link

The cfg:

Bigtext-wd.cfg

// To use it and check it out yourself, put it in your UrbanTerror\q3ut4 folder and ingame open the console and write exec Bigtext-wd
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Bigtext welcome

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
nice idea.

I will experiment with it on thursday or friday (my laptop charger broke and i ordered a new one...)

And yes, private bigtext is possible with rcon.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
In reply to this post by donna30
That's spammy ))
Anyway someone needs to write that plugin? Because that it's only the cfg. Am i wrong?
:{Per}: donna30
Reply | Threaded
|  

donna30
Yes it's only a sample cfg, tough it's spammy I like it and we can make many variations of it
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
damn, i completely forgot about this -.-

I guess its not spamming if we use privatebigtext.
But im a bit worried that this might be a problem for our poor b3 if multiple players connect at the same time. (We already have some command delays from time to time right now...)
And ofc we would have to write the plugin which may be difficult. I dont know if i can do it, but i can try.