Deathrun - Problems with Apple

Posted by !TopFox !TopFox
Options
Hey guys!

I would like to make a few complains on the map Apple:
- First of all almost nobody like it (except SkillShot92). Lot of people when they see this map --> we are loosing players
- There a few bugs on it:

One there: Bug_on_apple.urtdemo
And two other one (i don't have a demo sry):

Sometimes we fall "in" a pillar. You jumped on it and suddenly you fall (you are still on it and you get block on the middle of the pillar for about two seconds and then you fall in lava. (tre trap which is named "pillar hell" if i remember well)

And this trap is totally bugged:

----> you can not fall you only need to jump + sometimes you suddenly fall (like in the pillars) and you get block in one of the plateform until you /kill yourself)

That's why i suggest to replace this map by deathrun_cek which have been remaked by Kamilkos and seems not to have bugs anymore (only problem: the textures which hurt the eyes...)

Thanks for reading,

!TopFox
What do u want?
This poll is closed.   
This poll ended on .

24 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Vega Vega
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: Deathrun - Problems with Apple

I challenge you to dont find a bug in each deathrun map we use...
about first bug: it doesnt compromise the game, you just need not to go in the centre...
about second: i dont understand which one
third bug (image): its not a bug lol, if blue dont press the button you CANT fall, if you jump while button is pressed you gonna fall if you are unlucky...maybe its not immediate the death but you will die

Point is: guys we dont have many deathrun maps, if we remove them for some small bugs we should play only on 1-2 map, if you dont like the map that is another question, but as i said we dont have many maps

CEK fixed (sorry kamiltos, nothing personal) is a SHIT, fps reduced a lot, you get killed when you entry in the blue secret room (it is bugged even if he said that it kills you only after 10 seconds camp, no i get killed while i was entering) etc etc. IF he changes only the big "separator" between red and blue i gonna put it, but i wont put the actual cek "fixed"
!TopFox !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega wrote
I challenge you to dont find a bug in each deathrun map we use...
Never saw any bug on deathrun_sup or on deathrun_v2

Vega wrote
about first bug: it doesnt compromise the game, you just need not to go in the centre...
The problem is that i didn't go in the center, it push me in it when i jumped on the "plateform". But it's the first time i got this.

Vega wrote
about second: i dont understand which one
The one just before the third bug

Vega wrote
third bug (image): its not a bug lol, if blue dont press the button you CANT fall, if you jump while button is pressed you gonna fall if you are unlucky...maybe its not immediate the death but you will die
 I msut be really lucky, i have never fall in it even if a blue pressed (except the four times i got the bug but noone pressed)

Vega wrote
Point is: guys we dont have many deathrun maps, if we remove them for some small bugs we should play only on 1-2 map, if you dont like the map that is another question, but as i said we dont have many maps
You're absolutely right =(

For Cek, i didn't have the bugs you reported when i tested it but it's not impossible. When we decompile a map we automatically get loads of bugs  x(

I'll ask Kamilkos if he can continue to work on his map. I'm also gonna get in contact with some other mappers to ask them if they don't want to create a deathrun map.
Mr.Yeah! Mr.Yeah!
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox wrote
Never saw any bug on deathrun_sup
SkillShot92 begs to differ...
!TopFox !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

He can do his "black magic" on every map ;)

(the bug in a corner of the blue spawn is only due to his "black magic")
Joke Joke
Reply | Threaded
|  

Apple is the best deathrun map.
You know, in life you only see lammers who complain all the time about everything. But what about the little persons who say nothing and just enjoy??? Nothing, we don't see them we only see complainers.
Apple really is a good map and we don't have many at all so why remove???
It is not the only map where people disconnect. They disconnect on every map it's random as hell.
!TopFox !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

Most of people disco or ragequit on this one or on cubix because they are the hardest. In both map you'll see some passages which are difficult to pass even if noone press. This type of trap make the people ragequit (and followers). The problem of apple is that most of the people can not finish it even if they try it alone on their own server. It's not like deathrun_sup or deathrun_space, where if noone press you can finish the map extremly easily. If the blue press button i'll say that 80% of our players wouldn't been able to finish it, at least.

Once again it's only my opinion.
Kurokei Kurokei
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Vega
SkillShot92 SkillShot92
Reply | Threaded
|  

Duuude my gad when it comes to deathrun i have to argue.

Apple is clearly one of the best map !
It has a very good timing (you cannot rush like in Sup and finish the map in 30 sec, but if you are quite good you can do the map in a  very good time).
It is also naturally hard : if the blue team doesn't press, the map has got some traps where you need little skills -or extreme luck- to pass.

And i double a** don't care but i hope it will not be removed for these reasons...

Pillars : get s0me skills
''Bug at this trap '' : dude there is a glass right there... what do you think the blue buttons are for ? Click -> *magic* -> no more glass.

And the last point : how and why in the hell do you have in mind to put Cek (the bad one) on the server ._.
Vega Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by !TopFox
Well i'm a n00b jumper but i can finish apple, this means that those complainers (usually good jumpers :O) can finish it if they try it 10 times

Btw in death_sup you can kill the other team with knife...the water trap doesnt kill you
In deathrun space you can activate the battlezone even camping in red zone
in deathrun_v2 you can be stock in the water (close to the end) if go too much high...

And i agree with joke, apple is a really good map and remove it only cause it is difficult, well...train yourself ;)
WarLord WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

Im a noob jumper too xd i can finish it but not anymore now with my 300 ping xd. but anyways this map is OK. It does make some ragequit but we dont have many maps.
!TopFox !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Vega
Vega wrote
Btw in death_sup you can kill the other team with knife...the water trap doesnt kill you
Huh.... Where do u see water in dearhrun_sup???

And juste to let everything clear I finish apple about 50% of the time (when skyzo and skillshot aren't there)

@skill fort cek: because a few people ask me to ask the heads tout add it
Vega Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

sorry i mean panic
SkillShot92 SkillShot92
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by !TopFox
!TopFox wrote

@skill fort cek: because a few people ask me to ask the heads tout add it
Wow i dunno one except kami and you probably ^^
!TopFox !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

If i remember well, it was Horus, Maka and i'm pretty sure Guitar did too.

Anyway the original problem has been solved so i think we can close because we are getting OT
Mr.Yeah! Mr.Yeah!
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox wrote
Horus, Maka and i'm pretty sure Guitar
i'm pretty sure Guitar is Horus.
SkillShot92 SkillShot92
Reply | Threaded
|