classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

[GunMoney] Bots should be disabled in CTF

Inyz
Hi,

So I'm going straight to the point: I think bot should be disabled in CTF. While I think bots are totally okay in FFA (they make the game more intense when few humans are playing), they are a burden when team work is involved and usually ruin games.

The balancing algorithm thinks that bots are somewhat skilled and take them into account when balancing teams. This makes for teams where there are more humans in one side than on the other, even when the total number of humans is even, and something with a difference greater than 2 humans. In such cases, which happen often, the team with fewer humans lose. Always. A bot cannot replace a human and I think 10 bots couldn't replace 1 human. Even the worst human.

Bots can take the flag, but they don't know how to capture it. They're slow and somehow wander in the enemy team randomly shooting here and there with the flag on their back. Sometimes they manage to get away but they seem more keen to take a walk in the map rather than capturing it quick. This slows the game and can be critical when the bot's team is trying to capture one more flag at the last moment to win or to go overtime. Usually it's the opposite team that tries to win time in such situations, not the other way around!

Bots stand in the way. They don't have the good manners of humans such as getting out of the way of someone who has the flag. You can be killed meters from your flag because bots were blocking you from capturing. Worse, they then take it and don't even capture...

TL;DR: The bot system in CTF is utterly broken. They're not only useless but ruin the games. At the current state, it's more entertaining to play 2 vs 2 humans than say 7 vs 7 with bots involved because 7 vs 7 is probably unbalanced anyway. Therefore bots should be disabled in CTF.

A bonus advantage of disabling bots in CTF would be the ability to add new maps with this mode without worrying about bot support.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: [GunMoney] Bots should be disabled in CTF

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
Sorry I sometimes forget about what was posted, but this thread basically goes in the same direction as my post in Gunmoney Suggestions:

Mr.Yeah! wrote

And I just joined, meaning this lin person had to play 1 vs 4 humans for 7 minutes. Don't even count the bots as players because all they do is sit around in the spawn waiting to get spawnkilled.

Just saying, if you remotely care about balance and players having a fair game, the bots are just plain useless and unbalancing the game.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
Already added to the todo list a better autobalance :)
Reply | Threaded
|  

Buck
It would also be awesome if killing bots didn't give money rewards and didn't add to your kill streak. Sometimes I come online to see one team HK spamming a bot team's spawn just to rack up money. That doesn't just give an unfair advantage to farmers, but it prevents a normal game from taking place.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
Well yea they count for spree, but the reward you have from killing them is much lower:
- killin a bot: +10$
- killin a human:
    - your money <50000: +70$
    - your money >50000&<500000: +50$
    - your money >500000: +30$
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
i think money should be increased for killing people:)) i m starting to lose money.
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
Stop buying god all the time and you won't lose money :D
time is precious... waste it wisely
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
Me no buy. Me donate to charities. 😢

Sent from my iPhone
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!