18 messages Options
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Gunmoney knife

Nightmare
Recruiter
As Vega said, i made this poll in an attempt to reduce knife dmg. As i said many players  abuse this weapon and don t even try to kill u with a gun. This poll is about reducing the knife damage not removing it completely
Should knife dmg be reduced?
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Gunmoney knife

Alabanda
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Nightmare
The damage output of the knife was already reduced twice and Im wondering what melee weapon will be left (for example when you run out of ammo) if you make the knife underpowered? It's also not the most dangerous weapon in the game, as your opponents have to get quite close to you to slice you and if you say they don't even try to use their guns anymore, they're basically not a threat until they are into melee range.
:{Per}: !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
I think we can quite easily deal with Knifers with the damages as they are right now.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
In reply to this post by Mr.Yeah!
Come on..... removing knife is just gonna ruin the fun. If someone wants to protect themselves from the knife maybe learn to jump! Jesus. Play Zombie mod for a day, if you complain about gunmoney knife try to survive as a human!

The knife is fine.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
Not everybody is good at jumping and not everyone likes zombie mod so this is not a relevant argument. If they run straight into u u have no chance to kill them. And yes i use it occasionally but only when i m really out of the amo and i m not camping woth a knofe behind the corners to kill people ( like others do) that s the reason of this poll. I m not trying to remove it and i don t want to be underpowered, i just want to be fair in case of a close 1v1 battle
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
Mate, at long range, snipers are better, at medium pistols and guns and at short, knife. I mean it's kinda normal. To give you an idea on the other game I play, one cut of knife one shot (but tw/ three bullets are sufficients).

With the speed you can have, you can pass really quickly near Conners and not get kill. Btw as I already told you, shoot them in legs and that's it, they won't have any chance anymore to kill you.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
Nightmare wrote
If they run straight into u
Someone rushing at you in a straight line with their knife out should be all the more easy to kill, right? I could understand enemies to be somewhat harder to hit if they were not...

But if someone is getting too close to me I just draw my knife out, it's not like it takes time and that's what close-combat weapons are for anyways, aren't they??? In the end a close 1v1 battle will just result in the same knife vs knife situations and reducing the damage will barely change anything (I'm not even sure how it would make it 'more fair'?)

Also getting good at jumping and not getting killed by people waiting for you around the corner is part of the game, if you're being killed too much you may want to act a little more careful around corners and pay more attention to your movements instead of just wanting to stir the gameplay to your liking...
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
i dont think decrease the damage of the knife is a good idea.. However, get full health every 3 kills with knife is too much in my opinion.

I think what nightmare is talking about here is about a few people that only play with knife. The ones who do that know how to jump and are pretty skilled with it (usually some zombie player.. ) And that can ruin a game for the other player. Specially on some small map (e.g: austria) What they have to do is wait in some close space for people to come in and kill them. Due to the 3 killstreaks knife reward they are hard to kill..
time is precious... waste it wisely
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
Juriska wrote
I think what nightmare is talking about here is about a few people that only play with knife. The ones who do that know how to jump and are pretty skilled with it (usually some zombie player.. ) And that can ruin a game for the other player. Specially on some small map (e.g: austria) What they have to do is wait in some close space for people to come in and kill them. Due to the 3 killstreaks knife reward they are hard to kill..
ye, right. I think the same.
Maybe we should find a solution that punishes knife killing sprees.
How about removing the knife after 1 kill? :P And adding it again after one kill with any other weapon.
(i know this is not a good suggestion, but something similar could be a good idea, i think).
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
I like this idea R3v, and i think it s kinda easy to implement for a mod like gunmo. We can also set a decreasing hp when knife is out. This way they can still use it but can t abuse it. Decreasing hp should be oonly when knife it s out and not for the kills. When changed to pistol hp stays the same. We need like a balance for less skilled players. The experienced ones will be fine. Right now playes who joins for the first time or the ones with low skills are disadvantaged by this knife abuse thing and we all know we have days when our aim is not working as it should and in those days we have problems with knifers. That leads to loosing temper and probably sometimes  rushing into taking wrong decisions.
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
I think we should find an other solution so just post your idea here :)

@night: if we do so, then it has to be really slow. Cause it would be really unfair ^^

What about removing the knife after 5 kill with it? And givr it back after a certain amount of kill with other weapon. Of course thet could still buy ut but for a much higher price :)
time is precious... waste it wisely
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
Vega said he won t remove it. And yes it can be slow and the reward can still stay
:{Per}: Juggernaut#69
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juggernaut#69
Anti-Cheat Staff
I don't really care ;D
Don't listen to Legends.
Be a Legend.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
thanks jug for your answer
:{Per}: BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
Hummm..

Night is mad, cos I like to knife only him ^__^..

But the slow health decrease sounds good.. But wouldnt it be a problem if the health decreased but the knife kill replenises it?

Another way to avoid the decrease is ;

Equip other weapon, find enemy, equip knife, kill, equip other weapon to avoid having the health decreased, etc etc and the cycle continues with knife killers......

This solution will not help the ultimate goal, I mean if I could come up with a simple solution like that, whats to say some other knifer noob will think the same? There isnt any possible way to stop the knifers... Unless you remove the knife ofcourse and can only be used througb the !buy menu, but ofcourse we all know that the knife will never be removed, due to Vego ^__^.
The British are coming, sooner than you think we are.
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
I agree with Vega, it shouldn't be remove and I think it's a false problem,
. There are many ways to avoid them and it's find this way IMO. I played a few days ago on GM after 3 months and got no problem with knifers, I just lost lot of skill that will come back with training.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
Ok so untill now no knife damage reduction :)