classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
:{Per}: capt.awesome
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Hello Everyone

capt.awesome
Well, i am never been so good with introducing my self.

I am Captain Awesome ( IGN: capt.awesome ). I am from Bangladesh.

Professionally i am a front-end engineer, also part time server administrator.

I am one hell of a diverse gamer. Not pro in any of them, but play a lot of games.

My first game was DX Ball, as far as i can remember. Then virtual cop. My First Series addition was Age of Empires, later Rise of Nation. First Addiction with FPS was Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare.

My First Computer was in 1998 ( or 99 ), it was an 8GB HDD Computer, i still have the processor and HDD.

I had my own personal computer ( previously mentioned was a family computer ) in 2007. I bought my first computer with my own earning in 2011.

Current Configuration -> Intel Core i7 - 4960K, 16 GB Corsair Vengence, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti , ASUS VX 229 and MX 239 ( Dual Monitor Setup ), Corsair Force 128 Gb and 256 GB SSD, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red Keyboard, Logitech 402 Mouse, House of Marley on air headset. That's about it, did i miss something?

I am currently using OSX ( hackintosh ). I am a serious foodie, i basically eat everything that's edible. Heavy Coffee drinker. Occasional tech blogger . I am a contributing author in quora.

I like to read, fav author -> Dan Brown, Vince Flynn, Tom Clancy, Pamela Clare, Michael Crichton

I am a serious anti-conspiracy guy. I believe what i can logically process. Science Reader. I am a hobbyist security researcher, co-authored a paper on Banking Security.

I am a chain smoker, but i don't smoke in public or in close proximity to people.  I don't drink. Serious hardware enthusiast.

That's basically all about me. Feel free to ask any question, as you please :)
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sherlock Holmes
:{Per}: Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Hello Everyone

Genesis
Hey cap :) welcome to our forums!
your introduction is very interesting, may I ask what you do as a front-end engineer?
what games do you currently play the most?
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."
- Helen Keller
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome

Well, my primary job is to design web UI - mostly for web based applications. Along with that, web site UI and Mobile app UI. Anything that has something to do with HTML-CSS-Javascript ( Angular ), its my area of work. I used to do backend programming a few years back, now its just a part of my hobby and personal projects.

Right now, i spend most of my game time in URT. I am also frequent in Cities: Skyline, CS:GO ( haven't played in last 5 month ).
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sherlock Holmes
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
In reply to this post by capt.awesome
welcome in forums, captain :)

Interesting summary. You seem to be a quite pragmatic guy (i like the quote in your signature)

Im looking forward to play some urt with you :)
:{Per}: Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
heyy another csgo player :D do you have a rank?
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
Welcome here cptawesome :)

Really interesting summary
If you want to talk html/css/ JavaScript do that witg Warlord :p he is making some website. I m actually learning it too but i m not that good at it ^^

About cs go: if you re bad at  it you can play with me, but if you re goid go olay with genesis :p

Hope to see you in game too!
Btw, you can add me on steam (look for Juriska with a buddha pic)
time is precious... waste it wisely
:{Per}: sh1omi
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
Welcome
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
:{Per}: pyrrho
Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
welcome !!!
i don't want to annoy you from the beginning so u dont need to answer any of my questions or u can skip a few  ...

this line is great 👍👍👍:
I am a serious anti-conspiracy guy. I believe what i can logically process. Science Reader. I am a hobbyist security researcher, co-authored a paper on Banking Security.

i'm looking forward to debate a conspiracy of your choosing ( maybe a banking one :D or u have more  inspiration here ) ... if this forum permit it
what happens if u cannot  logically process something ... what do you believe then?  
reader in what field of science(security?)?
is it a peer review paper?
do you do any sports/outside activity?

:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
hi capt.. Nice to see u here^^ welcome to the forums hope we ll see more post of u here
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
It will be my pleasure :)
- Sherlock Holmes
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by Genesis
My CSGO Expertise - I bought the game from steam, played a few times, got my ass kicked, then went to cry in a corner.
- Sherlock Holmes
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by Nightmare
I am still a bit confused which sub-forum i can post on. But sure, i will be a regular.
- Sherlock Holmes
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by pyrrho
Hi Pyrrho,

I will be happy to debunk any "sane" conspiracy theory. If you are willing to claim that moon is a hologram or barak obama is a reptile, i am not your guy. Other then that, lets give it a shot.

pyrrho wrote
what happens if u cannot  logically process something ... what do you believe then?  

I am a practical guy. If there is something i can't logically process, then i have two options. Either i am not intelligent or knowledgeable enough to process it or science will one day crack it through.

My reading is mostly in the field of Physics, Astronomy, Bio-Chemistry and Computer Science. To be honest, i will read anything that feels interesting.

No, it wasn't a peer review paper. It was a part of a banking security conference in my country, they wanted some perspective from security business.

Outside Activity - Swiming and Walking :P And there is food

Any Question is welcome :)
- Sherlock Holmes
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by Juriska
Well, i will be happy to provide any help regarding web Development or front-end development or server administration.

I am bad at CS:GO, so i will give it a shot with you :P

Will add you on steam :)
- Sherlock Holmes
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by sh1omi
Thank you :)
- Sherlock Holmes
:{Per}: RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
Hi man,
you seem like a nice person, welcome to the forums and I'm looking forward to seeing u ingame buddy.
<3 <3 <3
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
@capt you can edit your messages instand of making one million messages..
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
Sorry, i didn't really get what you meant? Should i combine all answer in one message? i was viewing from Thread view and i went on answering everyone seperately.
- Sherlock Holmes
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
Yes, its better when you use just one message to answer everyone.
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
:{Per}: pyrrho
Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
u doubt the quality of your knowledge ?

do this google search: "Use and Abuse of Logic (2006)"