classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Hi there ! (Karagheuz)

TUK|Karagheuz
Hi all,
I've been playing on you Gunmoney server for a lot of time, and the least i can do is to present myself.
Jérôme, 33. Chess player, living in Provence (yes i'm a frenchie !)
I love cars in general and old Citroëns in particular. I have several cars, ranging from 1952 to 1999 (I'll maybe one day buy a 21st century car, but it's not really sure)

In game : Karagheuz, member of TUK community. I love rushing like a mental without thinking about anything. I don't like campers and always do my best to make their gaming style difficult. I hate cheaters.
Fun is my priority !
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Hi there ! (Karagheuz)

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
Welcome here Karagheuz!
Feel free to look around the forums :)
Maybe we will meet ingame sometimes.
Reply | Threaded
|  

TUK|Karagheuz
Thanks.
I forgot to say : i speak french (of course), russian, italian, and some bases of german.
Revisor, is it after Nikolai Gogol's novel ?
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
interesting :) you are the first one asking me for that.

I know the novel Ревизор by Nikolai Gogol but in fact i chose the nickname Revisor before.
There was a brilliant author Terry Pratchett who wrote many good fantasy genre novels. Most of them were "Discworld"-novels. On this Discworld there are ghosts that serve time itself and the death of the multiverse.
Those ghosts are called auditors, but in the german version they have the name "Revisor". Thats the origin of my nickname.
:{Per}: RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
Interesting story :D
Well...my name came from the three x's :D
No just joking...I don't actually know where my name comes from, but I'm pretty sure, that I thought of a dinosaur when I created it :D
Oh and hey, welcome to the forums :)
Hope we meet ingame...the next time I'll play UrT :D
Which probably will be this saturday, were we have a scrim against the clan that I used to be in >:D
So yeah, maybe you're allowed to watch - if you want to ;)
Have a good time and always feel welcome to look around ;)
<3 <3 <3
:{Per}: Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
In reply to this post by TUK|Karagheuz
welcome to our forums, hope you have a good time here :D
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
LoL, Kara sucking up to to R3v <3333 XD.

Welcome to the dungeon that is :{Per}:...

My name derives from the annoying bzzzzzz sound as the floating bug yellow bee's skim past your ear....
No, really I took a liking to BumbleBee in Transformers xD...

We probably wont meet anywhere, but nice to see you anyways x))...

We welcome all new faces. *looks evily at Kara, while licking his lips..) Fressssssh Meeeat frenchie Mwahaha....

I mean uhh, this pork is tasty... *cough*....
The British are coming, sooner than you think we are.
:{Per}: !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
Hey!

Nice to meet you here and welcome!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
:{Per}: Kurokei
Reply | Threaded
|  

Kurokei
Mapping Staff
Recruiter
Hey,
 thx you for the interest welcome hope you'll feel good here we are open minded and fun :)
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
In reply to this post by BumbleBee
Oh, and don't take Bumble too serious. Atleast not, if you don't see him in real-life.
Then you should probably run.
<3 <3 <3
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
I fricking looooooove the frenchie people.. Speaking of which, the people of Marseille better start running, Bumble is coming to thier town in the next few months mwahahaha
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
Welcome here :D

I think we ve already play together quite a few times :)
Dont hesitate to ask question or whatever! we re friendly and we dont bite ( well except bumblebee but.. he is quite a phenomenon.. )
time is precious... waste it wisely
Reply | Threaded
|  

TUK|Karagheuz
Lol, you're all mental, exept bumblebee, you're the only one that looks normal !

@Bumblebee :   I live 2 car hours away from Marseille, eat them if you can !

@Juriska : hell yeah

@Ревизор : i speak russian, so your nick was the first think that went up in my sick mind :)

Thanks guys for your warm welcome.
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
You said that you speak german too, right? Like...atleast kind of.
Wanna talk some german? :D
I'll start:
Wie alt bist du?
<3 <3 <3
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
Thank you Kara, I like you, if we cross paths I will let you live ^___^

@RexXxie - .!.

@Juri - .!. You too....

@RexXxie +2 - dont you even dare start talking Haitian here.... Not everybody is multi linguist.....  Lmaooo
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
Welcome to the forums :) we played together a lot xD
My nickname is actually a song by Avenged Sevenfol (don t know if u like Rock music but if u do give it a try)
Hope to see u here more often. Like juri said, we are friendly and don t bite. Good luck in game and i love old cars as well. ^^
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

TUK|Karagheuz
Aber habe ich Deutsch nur einunhalbes jahr gestudiert. Ich bin dreiunddreisig jahre alt :)

Nice that many of you tell their nick's origin. Minne comes from a horse description in Lermontov's "a Hero of our Time"

Thanks Bumblebee. Let me know if you change your mind, i'd like to give my cars to good persons before i die^^. Here's one of them (my highest dream car on earth !)

@Nightmare : you're the one i see the most with pr3dator. And your nicks suit both of you very well !
:{Per}: Joke
Reply | Threaded
|  

Joke
Helper
Recruiter
Hey, welcome to the forums, that's nice of you to come and introduce yourself!
Have fun !

@Bumble come visit me, I'm in Nice, near Marseille :D
Reply | Threaded
|  

SkillShot92
Hi, nice to meet you.
Why do you like Citroen if i may ask ? My father has the same obsession and plan to buy a collector DS... If i remember well he was always saying that the Suspensions Hydrauliques (or Hydraupneumatiques, which can elevate the car to have more access on the different types of roads) of Citroen cars were unique in the entire world, that's why he got a focus on this brand ^^.

Bubble coming to Marseille ? Better prepare the vaseline bro.
Reply | Threaded
|  

TUK|Karagheuz
Some Rolls Royce had a piloted hydraulic (or oleopneumatic, or hydropneumatic, or whatever) under Citroën licence.
The suspension gives the greatest smoothness, and you also feel as secure as on rails.
Citroen was at the time of its glory a constructor of dream cars.
With the traction, it made cars make a huge jump forward. It took other brands more than 20 years to catch up, and by the time they released the DS.

All this to say this is the part of the intellectual and sensual pleasure. Intellectual for what i said, sensual because of the way you feel in a real Citroen : out of time and space and fashion. The road is different.
The other part is psychological. There was a ruin of a traction in the woods where i lived. This car fascinated me. I re-discovered this fascination when i finaly sat in one . For me it is the absolute car :)
Il also was brought up in two mid range cars, with the famous suspension : my grand parents' GS and BX.
The last one holds the only diesel engine i like. The first one has a flat four, with a typical sound. My grands had other cars before, but once they tasted Citroën, they wouldn't try anything else.

The only major upgrading was the electronic gestion that came out with the XM (and the Rolls) and the activa suspension on the Xantia : an active system totally supresses the body roll (at maximum tolerance it reaches 0.5°). It is as fast at the elk test than supercars. I have one of them... amazing ! A similar system has been made just now on a McLaren (P1? i can't find)

Sorry for being so long, but i'm passionate. Maybe should this be moved to a specific topic ?