classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

How to play good in Deathrun !

SkillShot92
This post was updated on .
Hi, it's Skill, also known as the king, the god, the conquerer, the beast incarnate, the champ, and many more.

Today i found good to create this topic because i could hopefully help some people playing smarter in deathrun so it can be good for the player and for his team.

There are important rules to know first, here they are :

1- BE TALKATIVE : Communication is the essence of deathrun, it makes the game way more cool but not only. Whatever you are, good or not, you have to communicate (radio can help too) to your teammates (and the ennemies). It can help a lot because you can know if someone of your team is near the armory to help you, you can have informations about the placement of the ennemies, you can disturb the ennemies (for example : asking them a long question so when they are answering you fastly go)(not by spamming them tho)...

2- ANALYSE THE GAME : This is very important, you have to understand that if one red is killing the blue team with X weapon and during this time you arrive to the armory, you have to take this X weapon, in case if YOU or HIM die, there will be no problem of ''keep an eye on the weapon that i can't take!".
Also, if you see one red has been killed and you reach the armory and you are thinking ''ah f*ck this, the game is now f*cked up, i have nothing to lose so i go out" NO! You'll have less chance to survive if you go alone so wait for you team.

3- BE STRATEGIC : This is obvious but i still see some people doing some wrong things... For example, do not take a HK in V2 for your first weapon (if you are alone), or don't use the kamikaze strategy (in SUP mostly) if you have taken a weapon !

4- TEAM WORK : Tw is very important as i already said, you can gain a lot of time, you can easily pass hard traps and what a beautiful thing to see a full team helped each other. Don't go alone if you're not sure. Ask for strategy to be faster on the map or simple tips.
Here is an example of tw in PANIC : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/34/1408739599-shot0041.jpg

5- DON'T PLAY/THINK SOLO : I could have say it's the contrary of team working but not excatly : if there are 2 or more reds killing the blue team, your objective will be to do the kills, so you will try to kill everyone like your teammates but at some moment you will kill steal you and you will kill steal them, so to avoid that you and your team will approach more and more the spawn and most of the time one die and it's all over. Don't do fun or crazy thing like ''geronimoooo kill me blues camon'' because it can ruins the game of everyone (hi skyzo).
I can advise to stay at a same position so no one is moving dangerously, or use one way for each guys, like on this example : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/34/1408740389-urban-terror-dt.png

That's it for the moment folks, if you have more idea feel free to add them and if i found more i will too. Cya on deathrun and i hope i won't see you as noob as u were before :-)
:{Per}: Skyzo
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: How to play good in Deathrun !

Skyzo
I totally agree with you on all states of the game, but do not forget that this is only a game!
But you say to stay in a corner to kill the blues, but it's not the game. it's just to improve the stats, it is almost impossible for blue, kill red , this cause will rage, quit, insult....
I would add red stop camp  in armory pls and blue stop spam button!!!
Skill is not the king!! :D

Reply | Threaded
|  

SkillShot92
Well there is no more stats but that doesn't mean some players don't want to win...
And it's always possible to kill the red but it requires a good blue team.
Spamming impossible buttons is not allowed, otherwise no problem.

Skyzo you have to listen more the master.
:{Per}: Skyzo
Reply | Threaded
|  

Skyzo
On a map like apple red camp, it's impossible for blue !!.
I respect and admire the fucking "master" but relax, cool you ....
Certain person one the warm blood,Give them one 3rd luck
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
In reply to this post by SkillShot92
Good to see so much enthusiasm for the deathrun :)
It is one of my favourite gametype too!
And (kuro cit) more maps coming ))
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
In reply to this post by SkillShot92
SkillShot92 wrote
Hi, it's Skill, also known as the king, the god, the conquerer, the beast incarnate, the champ, and many more.
Moar brag
Well said, this applies to any team-based gameplay in general.

I wouldn't mind kill steal tho; when you play as a team, it's the global team score, not yours, which decides which team wins.
I'd rather stay a bit in the back to provide cover/med to make sure everyone stays alive than have my team lose with a 27:1 ratio
It's not like having more kills than the others would improve your stats anyway, right?
:{Per}: Joke
Reply | Threaded
|  

Joke
Helper
Recruiter
Well my technique is to run like a retard towards blue spawn and have fun killing until I get killed, and I don't give a shit >:D
Reply | Threaded
|  

SkillShot92
In reply to this post by Mr.Yeah!
Well Yeah it depends of the players in your team... if you think it's a team game and it's a global score but your teammates don't share this opinion, you will ofc shoot at everyone so untentionaly kill steal them, so they will start to approach closer and closer ennemies like i said etc etc.
:{Per}: LouK
Reply | Threaded
|  

LouK
In reply to this post by Skyzo
Great post man! but I really like take my sr8 and run run run at apple killing everyone alone :D:D
Reply | Threaded
|  

SkillShot92
Ye Louk but i saw you playing with sr8 and you already playing very well ^^