Open this post in threaded view
|  

Improve the Assault server

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
Hey guys,

I have a few ideas that could really help the server, so there they are:
- At the end of a round, if the red team win, give 5 points to the person who captured the checkpoint and 2 to all the other teammates. 2 points for the all blue team if they win.
- Make a plugin that will record the best time a team take to finish a map. That plugin will only be activated if 4 people are online
- Make an Assault tournament:
   - During two weeks, there would be new xlrstats
   - I'll take care of inviting as much team as I can to propose them to play
   - After the two weeks, the first 15 people would gain a special rank like Winner[5]. (Just an idea)
- As we don't have so much maps, I suggest to add the ut4_comander map, which is not an Assault map but it's an interesting th gameplay
- We could also add the map ut4_orb, which isn't an Assault map neither, but it's great map, and I remeber having a lot of fun on this map

What do you think about all this?

Yours sinceresly,

!TopFox
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
:{Per}: RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Improve the Assault server

RexXxie
Great idea, I love it :)
<3 <3 <3
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
In reply to this post by !TopFox
Nice idea.
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
@ war: well that sounds like a very bad day (your signature). What was the topic of the essay?^^ (btw it is too long... to fit to your post (without scrollbar...))
:{Per}: !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
So what's up with those ideas? Other opinions/suggestions?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
Btw it seems there isn't the last version of spyro on the server, and I solved really important bugs in this version.

@Vega: i know you are working on GM atm, but can u already give your opinion plz? =)
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
send it to me and i'll fix that
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
!TopFox wrote
- At the end of a round, if the red team win, give 5 points to the person who captured the checkpoint and 2 to all the other teammates. 2 points for the all blue team if they win.
- Make a plugin that will record the best time a team take to finish a map. That plugin will only be activated if 4 people are online
- Make an Assault tournament:
   - During two weeks, there would be new xlrstats
   - I'll take care of inviting as much team as I can to propose them to play
   - After the two weeks, the first 15 people would gain a special rank like Winner[5]. (Just an idea)
- As we don't have so much maps, I suggest to add the ut4_comander map, which is not an Assault map but it's an interesting th gameplay
- We could also add the map ut4_orb, which isn't an Assault map neither, but it's great map, and I remeber having a lot of fun on this map
- i don't know if i can handle score like z3nny does, i think i can but i'm not sure, i have to try
- ok seems not so hard
- you mean reset xlrstats for those 2 weeks? ok just have to move xlrstats table in db and then put them back...about rank 5 mmmh....
- link please ut4_comander, btw how can you take time of win if there are no checkpoint?
- same for ut4_orb

Btw i agree about that assault should be improved ;)
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
This post was updated on .
- About the rank 5, it's just an idea of reward, if you have other, it's welcome =) And yep, I mean to create temporary stats for the time of the tournament, if it's not too problematic for u

- Unforutnately, the link to download ut4_commander is broken  Anyone has it? (map made by stratege, so if someone know him, could he ask him?) About how to finish the map, there is no end, we just play for 10 minutes =)

- For orb, I made my own version, but I'm waiting on Kurokei for the orb to finish the map. In this version there is one last checkpoint, which open a wall with behind, a mr.sentry, so it would end the same way as any other Assault map would.

@r3v the last version of my map is on this post
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
- done -
:{Per}: Kurokei
Reply | Threaded
|  

RE: Improve the Assault server

Kurokei
Mapping Staff
Recruiter
I will top >_<

De : !TopFox [via Forums]
Envoyé : 07/03/2015 10:29
À : Kurokei
Objet : Re: Improve the Assault server

- About the rank 5, it's just an idea of reward, if you have other, it's welcome =)

- Unforutnately, the link to download ut4_commander is broken  Anyone has it? (map made by stratege, so if someone know him, could he ask him?) About how to finish the map, there is no end, we just play for 10 minutes =)

- For orb, I made my own version, but I'm waiting on Kurokei for the orb to finish the map. In this version there is one last checkpoint, which open a wall with behind, a mr.sentry, so it would end the same way as any other Assault map would.

@r3v the last version of my map is on this post
Parent App: Re: Improve the Assault server

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sniperjum.com/Improve-the-Assault-server-tp15615p16322.html
To start a new topic under Ideas & Suggestions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Forums, click here.
NAML
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
Oh dear. I forgot to tell you what the essay was on lol. It was on The Titanic, 3500 words to be written about the ship, the crash, the survivors and stuff. 14 pages, included images and word cited. Not fun, not fun.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
Imo you should put Orb maps on the deathrun server if you want to mix gamemodes: Orb has the same kind of asymmetric gameplay: one team has to reach a goal and has no way to interact with the opponent without reaching that goal, and the opponent must prevent this team from reaching the goal.
:{Per}: RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
In reply to this post by WarLord
Oh damn D:
I understand that WarLorD :O
<3 <3 <3