Join a Department - Info

Posted by :{(Per)}: :{(Per)}:
Options

Well, I think that if some you(members) take part of the :{Per}: management, you will be more active and maybe you can be more interested on clan stuff. As I said, nowadays I'm doing maaany things and I'm starting new ideas that I can't finish cause I have to manage and finish tonnes of things..

If you want to join a department, please post your request here

I'm going to explain here all clan sections that can be managed per one or two members, if you are interested to join any of them, I'll be very grateful! and it will help to improve the clan :).

If you want to join a department first you have to request it and then you have to show your real interest, for example, if you want to join the Anti-Cheat dept, check reports and comment them, also report cheaters, ofc)

-Recruiting Department:

Basically, manage application stuff. We have a special account to manage applications(sniperjum.apply@gmail.com). If you have a Gmail account, I will connect this account with the "Head Recruiter"(leader of this department, read the bottom of this post to learn more about Heads of departments). His job will be check the e-mail once 2-3 days, If there is a new application, he will post it here and create a poll(for votes). When the vote ends, if this player is accepted, a Recruiter(you if join this department ;)) will move the post to Pending members(recruits). After two weeks, if the member is accepted, a recruiter will make a "personal greeting" for this new member in Welcome aboard Sni:{Per}:Jum!, then, move the original post to "Accepted applications(with all replies)(under :{Per}: Head only(Recruiters will have speciaal rights to access to this section) and make a new post in Accepted Applications(Forms) posting ONLY the form(it is in the main post of the application) and "locking" the topic or just move the original post to Rejected Applications if the player didn't pass the votes . Members of this department will have special rights(move, lock, etc) in some sections of this forum.
The Head Recruiter(with access to the email account) will send the "accepted" or "rejected" email to new members. He will also have to take care of adding him to list of members(command !listmemberclan on any of our servers), if not, b3 will kick this player for "tag steal" Lool! To do this, the Head Recruiter will be of course a Level 80 admin, he will have to use the !addct command to add a player to the clan list.
Appart of applications stuff, as a recruiter, if you find a "cool player" or if you have old friends(on urt) that you think would be great members of this clan, talk to him and give him some info(of course, if you are not on our servers, do it by private messages(/tell), email, etc). If someone on our servers want to join the clan, answer all his questions, giveĀ” the necessary information to join and who are we, visit our page, etc. and(maybe in a future we can add this) make a "playing test" before he/she fills the form.
Do you want to belong to this department? Post your request here

-Scrims Department

Find and organize scrims. You will have to play special attention to the scrims management and the scrims category, If there is a new request, manage all the tramits with this clan(take a look to our scrims guide first).
Also, try to find new clans to challenge, because if we are having a non-scrims spree, we could lose practice!
The Head Scrimer(Lol, I have to think other name xD), will manage our external pages about scrims:
Clanbase here is the "league" ladder(you can challenge other clans from here):
Urban Zone
Scrimers will have to be informed about new Tournaments or competitions and post new notices
Also, you will have to post scrims results  adding screenshots or demos, videos, etc.
Maybe in a future(when we start trainings), scrimers will be leading clan trainings, thinking on a strategy, etc.
The Head Scrimer will have to manage our subscriptions(in torunaments or leagues) and our clan websites(UZ and Clanbase)

-Anti-Cheat Department

Quest and duties:
Main quest is of course to keep the :{Per}: servers clean. To find and ban all cheaters, to enable a fair gameplay.
Members of the Anti-Cheat Department join to servers always with an alias. Before we play, we check all players by specting them for a short period of time and checking pastbans. It is our quest to keep an eye on all players.
Cheater reports are discussed by us in forum. After that, the cheaters are punished (ban) by the anti-cheat department. The anti-cheat department has acces to effective tools for observation and cheatfinding.

To join this department you should:
 - of course be active in forum and ingame (on :{Per}: servers)
 - be a patient and attentive
 - know the different types of cheats
 - know the main b3 commands
 - know about binds
 - know how to use the urt console
(- these scripts may be useful: name_change and demo_script)

What to do if you find a cheater:
As Recruit (10) or Member (15):
 - disconnect, change your name, reconnect and spec the suspicius player
 - TAKE DEMO with !demo + !report or f12
 - type !id to show the id in the demo (at the beginning)
 - report to an admin if online
 - UPLOAD THE DEMO to the Report a cheater cathegory of the forum
As Moderator (20) or Admin (40):
 - type !id, !wis and !allaliases to show some information in the demo (at the beginning)
 - only if you are at least 100% shure that the player hacks, use !w !w !w to create a tempban for this player
 - UPLOAD THE DEMO to the Report a cheater cathegory of the forum and write in [] what you have done to the player
As Fulladmin or higher (60+):
 - type !uui to show some information in the demo (at the beginning)
 - if you are quite shure that the player hacks, use !tb to create a tempban for this player
 - only if you are at least 100% shure that the player hacks, use !pb to ban him forever (+80 admins) or !ban to temp ban him.
 - UPLOAD THE DEMO to the Report a cheater cathegory of the forum and write in [] what you have done to the player

Head Anti-Cheat will be a Lvl 80 and he will will be responsible to permban cheaters. The most Anti-Cheat active member will be elected from all to lead this department.

-Helpers Department

As you probably know, Urban Terror has many secrets(Uhh) that players have discovered(and still discovering) playing urt or just freacking on the internet.
This department will be managed by experienced players that want to show to the world their skills and knowledge! This mean to make guides, tutorials, videos, screenshots, and more about ANYTHING you want(related to urt of course :P). They will be able to make(and pin) topics in the Manuals & Tips category(if you make a good post, it will be added to the Manuals section of the webpage).
Some random examples: Jump maps secrets, binds guide, scripts guide, funstuff, autoexe.cfg, settings to improve fps, controls, etc...
You will be also in charge to help players that demand help(for example, how to make a jump or how to fix lags..) in game, forums or anywhere.
The Head Helper will be the "most experienced" in this field, he will check all posts and discuss with the author possible mistakes, falsehoods, improvements,  ideas... This "Head" will be more a title than a rank :P

-Public Relationships Department

We have many communication channels. This department will be specially focused on our TeamSpeak server, IRC stuff, forums and social clan networks(youtube, twitter, facebook...). The main priority for this members will be to take care of our social networks(post new notices, videos, comments, etc) and welcome new players(talk/chat with them and make a good first-impression of our clan :D). Also, try to talk with friendly players in chat or ts3(people asking about our clan or just players that want to have a good conversation). Also "spy" other clans by visiting their pages/forums and(appart of talk to them if you want) advertising us about new improvements in this clans(via General Clan Chat or posting in Clan Ideas for new "possible" improvements to :{Per}:). They will also will have to take care about public opinion, which maps are the favourites, what do the players think about our servers, etc.

-Technology Department

It took me a lot of time to create and improve the servers(specially cube(now zombs)). This department will be my "right hand". I still having lots of plugins, .py files and others in standby, servers are not 100% fine or finished(for example, there is a problem with the mapcycle.txt on the jump server) and other stuff that have to be finished or improved. This department will help me to finish and set up all this stuff and keep improving all in the future working together
This forum is an "open source" forum, this means that it allows to change practically ALL the forum(click on the "Naml" link(at the bottom-right) to see what I'm talking about) so this give us many new possibilities to modificate the source code, I am a helper of this plataform and as you can see here, this forum is quite advanced in comparation to the 90% of all nabble forums, this also took me a lot of hours. Some ideas to improve the forum could be add posts's label"rewards"(advanced user(100 posts), Pr0 user(300 posts), etc.. or link gametracker to the forum and other very difficult but not impossible, link b3 with the nabble system.
If you want to belong to this department, you must know at least one of the coding languages that i've been working on(HTML, CSS, python, xml, C++, ssh...), if you have knowledge of any of them, you will be able to join.
If someone joins this department, I'll make a new section under :{Per}: Only called "Technology Department", where I'll post codes and you will answer with your ideas/fixes and also, if you have more cool ideas about server's bowels, you can ask me to post specific plugins/files and change them as we want :).
Head of Technology will be a co-leader with special access to our sftp and ssh accounts.

-Mapping Department

Create maps can sometimes result annoying(specially when you start), but you will discover this awesome world and you won't want to leave it :D! I wanted to create a cube map a month ago or so, but I had no time to do it, it will be awesome if anyone of you decide to start mapping and make some cube maps. This maps will be under the :{Per}: name(Of course with the author name!) and if they are cool, we will add them to our Cube server! Jump maps are more difficult to make because you need "urt phisics" knowledge, but you can give it a try!
you can also post screenshots of your creations and exchange ideas!
If anyone is interested on this Department, I'll create a guide to install the GTKRadiant(program for quake3 mapping).
The Head Mapper will search for new maps to be implemented on our servers, help mappers with their creations and.. idk :P.

-Creative Department

Why not? This department will be for those members that have nice imagination. Appart of tecnical stuff, the image is actually important! I spent a lot of time thinking on a nice stylesheet for this webpage/forum. This department can think on lots of things.. from server's advertisements(those little "ads" that b3 says every X minutes), passing through special images(If a member wants an original and nice signature or maybe if the clan needs any kind of image(for a tournament for example) to any kind of artistic stuff! If someone joins this department, I'll make a section on forums for their creations!
This department can also work together with the "Tecnology department". this means that if creatives decides(this is just an example) a new template or if they want to change advs or anything related with coding, the tech dep. will set up all this stuff that a creative can't make.
The Head Creative will have access to the webpage editor, this means that he/she will have to manage the "family" section(http://sniperjum.wix.com/clan#!clan-family/c14y2 (every time a player joins the clan or a member ascend a rank, you will have to change their position)) and manage the webpage stuff.
Important: I'm really strict with the clan image(ask kuro, we were talking about the logo for one month or so xD), all important changes will be checked by ston and me and we will decide if we like it or not(this doesn't mean that we will reject all the stuff that we don't love. and also, don't take it bad if we say "no")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heads of departments will also manage their department as a team, this means that if there is any kind of "internal problem" they will manage and moderate it, also, they will have to take care of their members. This rank will be reached with patience, time and dedication and it won't take the same time on all departments.

I hope this can used as a stimulus to take part on our evolution as a Urban Terror clan!

If you want to join a department, please post your request here

Thanks and sorry for my english