Open sourcing the code

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Open sourcing the code

Inyz
I was just wondering whether you guys had any plan in open-sourcing the code / config files that make work GunMoney's various features. As a programmer myself, I would be enthusiastic to read it (even though I don't know how Urban Terror server scripting work at this moment). Using a platform like GitHub, anyone of us who understand how it works could contribute.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Open sourcing the code

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
that would be very nice but sh1omi doesn't like open source :d
:{Per}: capt.awesome
Reply | Threaded
|  

capt.awesome
In reply to this post by Inyz
Making it open source would be a good thing. But then again, some things are best kept secret.

As a programmer myself, i won't mind contributing to the system, if i am allowed to
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sherlock Holmes
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
In reply to this post by Mr.Yeah!
Only a few people will get the Joke :p

@everyone : well vega made it almosy entirely by himself ao i m not so sure he is ready to let his baby go. Which is completely normal
time is precious... waste it wisely
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
In reply to this post by Inyz
Inyz wrote
I was just wondering whether you guys had any plan in open-sourcing the code / config files that make work GunMoney's various features. As a programmer myself, I would be enthusiastic to read it (even though I don't know how Urban Terror server scripting work at this moment). Using a platform like GitHub, anyone of us who understand how it works could contribute.
Well, my code is a custom version of the barbatos/FS code. So, if you want to understand how it works start to look at that code :). I'm sorry but i have no plans to publish the source code of the mod used in :{Per}: servers because it tooks me really a lot of work and effort. If you need some tips i'll be glad to answer your in private.

PS. sorry for the late answer, i was in holiday :3
Reply | Threaded
|  

Inyz
Ok, thanks for the link Vega. Will take a look ;-)
Reply | Threaded
|  

Alabanda
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
Well actually there's something similar to a documentation here. The data structs are also very usefull (ie. http://ioqsrc.vampireducks.com/d8/da2/structclient__t.html). I discovered this only when i had nothing more to learn.... fxxx
Reply | Threaded
|  

Alabanda
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|  

pedrxd
Yes, that is the bigger problem,  there aren't info about quake, you need to discover most of the things by your own.
Anyway, Vega, where are you from?