Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

:{Per}: GunMoney - Suggestions

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
This post was updated on .
Hello
Here's a thread for suggestions for the 4.2 GunMoney mod server.

Gotta say I quite like the gameplay in there, unlimited stamina makes the game interesting to say the least...

It's nice to see some custom maps besides the more classic ones, but I kind of feel like some are missing... I don't know how much your server can support, but here's what I think:

Maps Suggestions

-How about adding ut4_ghosttown_rc4? It's an underrated map imo (can't find any server loading it, it'll be like an exclusive) and features lot of vertical gameplay, which will be interesting with unlimited stamina... bot spawns in team-based gameplay sucks though.
I also think Ramelle could be good, lot of vertical gameplay in there as well (yes i'm a vertical gameplay bitch)
Also Intermodal (maybe beta, dunno which version) can be nice if there's a lot of people
In case somebody asks I don't really like Superman, i feel like buildings are oversized and jumppads break the flow in urt (same about the Padmaps)... And it's camper's delight.

-Why is there both ryiadh and riyadh_bots in the cycle? I remember riyadh does support bots already (in FFA...), and the reskin doesn't bring much imo. I like the original riyadh with the blue skybox from riyadh_bots, but is there really a need to have both maps on the server? Perhaps regarding forthcoming team-based gamemodes?

Gamemodes Suggestions

-If you are planning on adding more in the future (TDM/CTF), what about Capture And Hold? Might be interesting on some maps as the server gets populated.
-How about some knife only maps? I noticed people like knifing on your server (but with fast/zombie script disabled pls, this script sux).

kthxbai.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: GunMoney42 - Suggestions

Vega
Yope! About maps i can tell you that these(*) are the maps with bot support, for example ghosttown seems to be not supported, by the way i'd appreciate if you and ofc others tell me which one of these you like!

(*)
ut4_abbey
ut4_abbeyctf
ut4_aligers
ut4_boxtrot_v1
ut4_cambridge_fixed
ut4_dicks
ut4_dust2_v2
ut4_forest
ut4_hexagon_v1
ut4_outpost
ut4_paradise
ut4_railed
ut4_reise
ut4_superman_b4
ut4_tohunga_b5
ut4_towers
ut4_turbinehall
ut4_unbalanced
ut4_vypla
ut_apartment
ut_bridge-rc1
ut_bungalow
ut_docks
ut_druglord2-urt3
ut_forrest
ut_liquid
ut_once
ut_pacman
ut_rt
ut_scottbase
ut_sled_free
ut_sommerville
ut_stone_ville
ut_valley
ut_kellblack

ktxbaiyou2
Reply | Threaded
|  

Aelmiks
Helper
UrT Server Admin
In reply to this post by Mr.Yeah!
a wrote
Maps Suggestions

-How about adding ut4_ghosttown_rc4? It's an underrated map imo (can't find any server loading it, it'll be like an exclusive) and features lot of vertical gameplay, which will be interesting with unlimited stamina... bot spawns in team-based gameplay sucks though.
I also think Ramelle could be good, lot of vertical gameplay in there as well (yes i'm a vertical gameplay bitch)
Also Intermodal (maybe beta, dunno which version) can be nice if there's a lot of people
In case somebody asks I don't really like Superman, i feel like buildings are oversized and jumppads break the flow in urt (same about the Padmaps)... And it's camper's delight.

-Why is there both ryiadh and riyadh_bots in the cycle? I remember riyadh does support bots already (in FFA...), and the reskin doesn't bring much imo. I like the original riyadh with the blue skybox from riyadh_bots, but is there really a need to have both maps on the server? Perhaps regarding forthcoming team-based gamemodes?
Hello a
I like some of your suggestions of maps.
Ghostown is a good map, and I agree with you that it should be added to the server. As it doesn't have the Bots Support, I can add it to it if you want. I can add the bots support to all the maps that you want.
I will be able to do that next week when I will be back in Morocco, as I am now in vacation in France.
Ramelle is a good map but it has a too much vertical gameplay as you said ...
Intermodal is a too big map, it can be good only with a lot of players, but don't forget tyat we are starting each life with a pistol, so it won't be that easy to aim at someone who is too far away from you. Same explanation for Superman and the PadMaps, too big and not easy to play with a pistol. These maps are better with LowGrav ...
And yes, you're right, one riyadh should be removed.

a wrote
Gamemodes Suggestions

-If you are planning on adding more in the future (TDM/CTF), what about Capture And Hold? Might be interesting on some maps as the server gets populated.
-How about some knife only maps? I noticed people like knifing on your server (but with fast/zombie script disabled pls, this script sux).

kthxbai.
I don't really like the Capture and Hold Gametype. I think adding CTF and TDM will be enough.
In the 4.1 version of GunMoney, you put a lot of maps in FFA Gametype because it was supporting better the bots, but now in the 4.2 version, I think that almost all the Gametypes support well the bots.
So, you should be able to add other gametypes such as CTF and TDM, right ?

If you want todo some knife only maps, then it won't be the GunMoney MOD anymore ... ?
I think that people like knifing on the server because the pistols get speedy empty lol ...

Vega wrote
Yope! About maps i can tell you that these(*) are the maps with bot support, for example ghosttown seems to be not supported, by the way i'd appreciate if you and ofc others tell me which one of these you like!

(*)
ut4_abbey
ut4_abbeyctf
ut4_aligers
ut4_boxtrot_v1
ut4_cambridge_fixed
ut4_dicks
ut4_dust2_v2
ut4_forest
ut4_hexagon_v1
ut4_outpost
ut4_paradise
ut4_railed
ut4_reise
ut4_superman_b4
ut4_tohunga_b5
ut4_towers
ut4_turbinehall
ut4_unbalanced
ut4_vypla
ut_apartment
ut_bridge-rc1
ut_bungalow
ut_docks
ut_druglord2-urt3
ut_forrest
ut_liquid
ut_once
ut_pacman
ut_rt
ut_scottbase
ut_sled_free
ut_sommerville
ut_stone_ville
ut_valley
ut_kellblack

ktxbaiyou2
Here are the ones that I like :
ut4_abbey
ut4_algiers
ut4_boxtrot_v1
ut4_dust2_v2
ut4_paradise
ut4_tohunga_b5
ut4_turbinehall

For the other ones, I don't know them very well ...
As I said above, I can add bots support to the maps that you want.
:{Per}: donna30
Reply | Threaded
|  

donna30
Am i wrong or is on the map ut4_algiers a bug with the bots? I mean, some of them dont moved in 4.1

And another question is, where is the difference between the Boxtrot maps?
I mean:

ut4_boxtrot_x6
ut4_boxtrot_v1
ut4_boxtrot_pro
Reply | Threaded
|  

Joseph*
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
on algiers and some other maps, bots have trouble getting out of the spawn in teambased gamemodes because there are no bot attractors to show them which way to go. I think mappers can add this easily but one has to get authorization from the original mapper before modifying a map.
(so the same applies to ghosttown)

@Aelmiks I think with over 12 human players it shouldn't be hard to find someone to shoot in intermodal :D.
Isn't there a plugin to decide nextmap depending on the number of players?

boxtrot can be good for knife only/zombie, but maybe to small with guns?
And people like using their knife even when their guns aren't empty...

I like tohunga and the original abbey in ctf, VYPLA can be good TDM/FFA.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Aelmiks
Helper
UrT Server Admin
I think Joseph is right in his explanations.
(And I like your picture of Klaus, and welcome to the team btw :) )

a wrote
on algiers and some other maps, bots have trouble getting out of the spawn in teambased gamemodes because there are no bot attractors to show them which way to go. I think mappers can add this easily but one has to get authorization from the original mapper before modifying a map.
(so the same applies to ghosttown)

@Aelmiks I think with over 12 human players it shouldn't be hard to find someone to shoot in intermodal :D.
Isn't there a plugin to decide nextmap depending on the number of players?

boxtrot can be good for knife only/zombie, but maybe to small with guns?
And people like using their knife even when their guns aren't empty...

I like tohunga and the original abbey in ctf, VYPLA can be good TDM/FFA.
I have never heard that an attractor existed, but that's really a good idea.
The creator of Ghostown, Nounou from FS, is still activ, so if you have a request for his map, I think he can do it without problems, there won't be the problem of authorization ...

Yes, with 12 players, that should be more confortable lol.
I think there is a plugin like this, and there is an other plugin to make more than one mapcycle depending the number of players in the server.

For me, boxtrot, the latest and biggest version, shouldn't be to small with guns.
As I said above, if we are playing some maps only with knife, it won't be the GunMoney MOD ... ?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Joseph*
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|  

donna30
I found the plugin, louk as well xd [MultipleMapCycles]
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
In reply to this post by Aelmiks
Aelmiks wrote
 if we are playing some maps only with knife, it won't be the GunMoney MOD ... ?
Well then you'll just have to rename it to KnifeMoney for some maps ;)

I'm just suggesting this as it used to be a popular gamestyle in 4.1, and it looks like there aren't that many server doing it in 4.2, it'd be like an exclusive... and hell yeah, I'd love to test it with unlimited stamina !
Reply | Threaded
|  

Aelmiks
Helper
UrT Server Admin
No prob Joseph!

Yeah, donna, I think it's that plugin, good find.

a wrote
Aelmiks wrote
 if we are playing some maps only with knife, it won't be the GunMoney MOD ... ?
Well then you'll just have to rename it to KnifeMoney for some maps ;)

I'm just suggesting this as it used to be a popular gamestyle in 4.1, and it looks like there aren't that many server doing it in 4.2, it'd be like an exclusive... and hell yeah, I'd love to test it with unlimited stamina !
Now, I really like your idea.
Playing knifes only in fullstamina will be so funny!
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
In reply to this post by donna30
Donna i've already tryed that plugin (on your server xD) but i dont like it too much. You have to fill 3 mapcycle.txt and it switch from 1 to another lookin how many players connected. Louk is it compatible with bot and other tonn of stuff? If yes i can add it
:{Per}: LouK
Reply | Threaded
|  

LouK
Buggy plugin plus, we are running a win binary in linux, some paths are different so it may cause even more bugs :D
Reply | Threaded
|  

donna30
Lol
Reply | Threaded
|  

exmiq
-----
Banned User
ut4_tohunga_b8 or b9 or b10 but i recommend b8..
ut4_piketurn_rc1 cool remake of turnpike
ut4_littletown4 / cool map with 2 secret walls recommend it :)
ut4_dust2_v2 / dust2 as well known the dust map
t3h_poolparty / a small map with a pool in the middle
chronic / street map u shoot on the streets cool one
ukraine / modded color version of algiers very cool! :)
ut4_heat_v3
ut4_colorize_b1 / like tetris almost, pretty cool map :)
ut4_dustie_b4 / the map have kind of a  Dust theme..
ut4_offshore
ut4_sled_free / very funny map :D  icy and u have to go down the map :)
ut4_barn / a barn man
aim_ak_colt_v3 / CS map but funny
:{Per}: Joke
Reply | Threaded
|  

Joke
Helper
Recruiter
Aaarg poolparty, boring as hell with freaking loud annoying music
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
In reply to this post by exmiq
-I don't like poolparty, and it's too small to benefit from infinite stamina imo.

-There's already a dust2 map in the cycle.

-Chronic can be interesting, I think it has bot support but there are also reports of it causing bugs within bot files.

-I don't know Ukraine, but if it is just the same layout as Algiers with different textures I see no point in adding it (like ryiadh_bots).
What I would like to see is a version of Algiers before 4.1, I think it had more areas accessible?

-I know the mapper of Heat, it was designed with knife only gameplay in mind. If you add it to your cycle in knife only, maybe it could get him back into mapping for urt (he has other fun knife only maps and some other unfinished projects)...

-I also used to play littletown and sled_free knife only or pistols&nades, but i don't think sled will be fun with the mod (all you do is slide downhill; there isn't much use for stamina).

knife only is fun with g_knockback set to 2000.

knife only gameplay can improve your jump skills.

knife only is a healthy activity that helps maintaining both mind and body in good shape.

knife only does greatly improve your teamplay.

knife only is fat-free.

btw can we set gravity back to 800 on Austria please? I h8 lowgrav...
:{Per}: LouK
Reply | Threaded
|  

LouK
THanks for your suggestions guys, I'll take care of them asap :)
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: GunMoney42 - Cyclemap Suggestions

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
I notice the server is growing quite popular and it feels like the standard maps feel a little too small when there is 10+ players (even 8 imo). And it's getting kind of boring seeing always the same maps in the cycle :|

So i'm going to suggest (again) (maps marked with * have bot support):

already in the zUrT42 paks
ut4_sanc*
ut4_ricochet*
ut4_toxic*
ut4_ghosttown

third party
I like the terrorism series, some big maps without too much fps drops (would require some testing though):
ut4_terrorism
ut4_terrorism2
ut4_terrorism3
ut4_terrorism4
ut4_terrorism5
ut4_terrorism6
ut4_terrorism7
ut4_terrorism8

ut4_vypla*
(huge maps)
ut4_metro_b2
ut4_superman_b4*
ut4_intermodal_beta
ut4_skylift_release

It could be good with a b3 plugin that changes the cyclemap according to the number of players, so you can choose maps with bot support if there is not enough human players on the server
And is there a plugin to kick bots after enough players are connected? sometimes there's like 10+ players and the bots are still there. Imo you should start kicking them 1 by 1 after 4+ players are connecting.

And could you enable cyclevote? with anti-spam protection ofc
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: GunMoney42 - Cyclemap Suggestions

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
The best Terrorism maps are 5 and 7, 5 is medium large with no FPS drops. While 7 is bigger and still has no FPS drops.
1234 ... 26