Second part of :{Per}: History

Posted by R3V1S0R R3V1S0R
Options
Inspired by LouK's History i decided to write a second part. (It would be a pity, if we would forget about those times ^^)

Spring 2014: When LouK left, he gave the power and responsibility of leading the clan to a Leaderboard of members chosen by him. Those were Vega, Joke, Kuro and me. Even if the leaving of LouK was a great loss, we would not let the clan die. So we went new ways and continued.
Vega developed a very great tool, the admin panel (http://forum.sniperjum.com/Admin-Panel-for-Per-Server-td8129i40.html#a9533), which makes it much easier to keep track of whats happening, monitoring the servers and allows it to perform admin actions without connecting to the server in Urban Terror. (Great job!)
And we got some new members, namely Warlord, Topfox and Nadja.

September - December 2014:
The new website went online. Thanks to Sh1omi who invested a lot of time but it was absolutely worth it as the result is fantastic. The old design is conserved (and still looks as good as always) but the internal structure is now painless and everything is easy to find, and there is a consistent way for all the things.
Byebye 4.1!
And now even we closed our last server running with 4.1 (ZombMoney), and got everything running with 4.2.
It was a tough decision, as it is always hard to go away from something conveniently known and instead adapt to something new, but it was the right choice. We gained a lot of new active players when we made the switch and overall the new version had its qualities.
Zombmoney was the last Server that ran with 4.1 but we adjusted it to 4.2 and after some slight problems, Vega managed to make it running fine. That was the time when Puuce and Rexxxie decided to rejoin the clan and be again part of this great community.

Spring 2015: We became more popular, since we played a lot of scrims at that time and so we got some new members: Nightmare, Juggernaut and Exdeath.
Vega wrote his first mod! This was a big step for us because not only were we no longer dependent on outside people (like z3nny) and were now self sufficient regarding clients, but also Vegas mod is much lighter meaning it uses less RAM, improving the overall performance. Vega was and is constantly improving the mod finding and fixing bugs (and yes there were many) and investing a lot of time in it to make it as perfect as possible. At the beginning we had some difficulties adjusting everything to it but thanks to Vegas continuous and hard work we could solve all / most of them.

Summer - Autumn 2015: WarLord set up a Minecraft server for the PerClan and everybody was invited to use it. Also Phoenix (BumbleBee), Joke and Donna used our clantag in CoD to spread our name amongst players even from other games.
We were sad to announce that Kurokei is no longer in the leaderboard of Per. But he will still be in a senior admin position and we will value his opinion regarding important internal decisions in the clan.
The position was assumed by Sh1omi who was promoted into the leader board. We all appreciate his creativity and programming skills and are happy about this decision as he is a good addition to the team.
Juriska, Bladewalker and sonic_wolf joined SniPerjum and donna and Nadja decided to come back to us.

Spring 2016: I finally got some more time to spare and i used it to do my job as one of the leaders more actively and properly. Unfortunately, not everyone got this lucky. Joke decided to resign his position as one of the leaders due to inactivity.
Now Vega is working heavily on his second mod (hopefully stable and with only a few bugs^^).
We will see what the future will bring us.

Long live The Sni:{Per}:Jum clan!
                                        - :{Per}:R3V1S0R

19 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Nightmare Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: Second part of :{Per}: History

Excellent idea Rev ^^ i like stories like this so if u could give more detailes would be awesome. i m really thrilled u did that :x u made a boy very happy this day. Thanks to Everyone. U know, most of the times we just open the game and plat on gunmo, sr8, jump srv amd we complain there are campers, knifers ( especially me xD} bugs, small problems or things we just don t like. And yes, this all things leads to a better server and a better game experience. Vega is happy when someone reports a bug ( i guess it s easier for him too) but imo all this whinging should be replaced from time to time with recognition, with respect.
Louk, even tho i don t know a lot about you, you played an important role in creating and nominating the Leaders of this clan. You did a great job.
Vega, thank you for your time, nerves and petience you showed in supporting this clan, improving and creating the mods.
R3v, u were always the best boss i had and i owe you big. You are one of the reasons why I m still here.
Head, u are true leaders and honestly, I dont think I m the only one that say it but you are doing a hell of a job coordonating and keeping the clan together. Thanks for everything guys.
Long live :{Per}:
!TopFox !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
Nice one r3v!!!

Massive thanks to all of you guys with whom I had so much fun and long live to the clan!
RexXxie RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Nightmare
I love it.
It's very interesting to read it all through, even though I still can remember every single detail of it.
I've also read through Part 1 of the History on the website atleast twice or three times.
It's just memories that come back for me, and it's nice to see how much love and joy is put into this clan.
Keep up the great work, long live :{Per}: ;)
Genesis Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Good job R3v, the story is very informative and interesting :)
stuff like that makes me remember the old days of Per when I first joined (and got kicked out for being a moron ._.). This clan was already big back then, but now its even bigger and more popular, thanks to people like LouK and Vega.
Thanks for everything, without our :{Per}: Head we wouldnt have come this far.
Vega Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Thank you R3v, amazing 2nd part!
I'm honored to receive such many beautiful words from you and from everyone who commented below.
Gosh i'm in this clan since 2012 and many things changed since then, but i'm still proud to be part of it :)
LouK LouK
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Genesis
Great resume r3v, I'm proud that you keep working on this project.

It was a long and hard way, but it seems that creating this clan was not a bad idea at all. I will never forget when I had to convince you all to join that crappy new clan, promising you the heaven :D Vega took me like tons of months and now he's the main pillar of this community.

Genesis wrote
stuff like that makes me remember the old days of Per when I first joined (and got kicked out for being a moron ._.).
I will never forget those hours at our old Cubes server, being raped by Wlad and you, everyone in silence :)

And well, I could keep thanking you the entire day but my english is a bit deteriorated and you already know what I think about you all.

I keep coming here sometimes, reading all you write while I take my morning coffee.

P.S.: What happened to that great Comfortaa font  in forums? You bitches changed it to Calibri :(
Uuuh and you broke the forum's breadcrumbs as well, who's trying to touch NAML LeL!! :D:D
Juriska Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Just Wow.

It really made my day. Like everyone, i m glad to be in this clan. If it wasnt for you guys, i would have quit urt since a long time.
The text made me smiled a few times, remembering me some of the things we did in this clan :)
Thanks everyone for being a part of this story, you re all awesome!

Also, like nightmare i d like some more details :)
BumbleBee BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jeez... Well, I gotta say that Im still here, even after many years of being a proud Per member.

I can almost remember all thats happened throughout the many years of being.

Maybe someone shoulf put together part 1 and 2, and add in the gaps =p.
But still very nice log of our history R3v, love ya =D
Juggernaut#69 Juggernaut#69
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by LouK
Hail Sni:{Per}:Jum clan (°,,°)/
ExDeath ExDeath
Reply | Threaded
|  

Thank you Warlord for pushing me into this Clan :p
WarLord WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

Your welcome exdeath ;) good summary r3v :)

--
I hate life.
Vega Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by LouK
LouK wrote
P.S.: What happened to that great Comfortaa font  in forums? You bitches changed it to Calibri :(
Uuuh and you broke the forum's breadcrumbs as well, who's trying to touch NAML LeL!! :D:D
*coff coff*
I edited it a few days ago but just to add logo and customized titles/menus. Didn't touched the font :O
I think is something older!
R3V1S0R R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

Youre welcome ^^

It would be nice, if someone (sh1?) could put it on the website below LouK's part.

About a more detailed version, i think it would be useless. I mean you can just go through the forums and check the old posts (the "News" section for example) and you will find everything as detailed as you want...
I just wanted to give an overview and remind of some important things that happened. I didnt want to write a book about SniPerJum ^^
sh1omi sh1omi
Reply | Threaded
|  

I putted Louk's part and this part together, link: http://sniperjum.com/history.php
Juriska Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Looks nice :)
R3V1S0R R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by sh1omi
if possible pls change that "the leader" to "one of the Leaders"
Thank you :)
rambo rambo
Reply | Threaded
|  

nice job guys
LouK LouK
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Vega
Vega wrote
*coff coff*
I edited it a few days ago but just to add logo and customized titles/menus. Didn't touched the font :O
I think is something older!
Aha! you crazy bastard, NAML will break your mind :d

I took the liberty of putting again Comfortaa as body font, and also added the breadcrumbs to the top bar, you forgot that point, that is quite useful when surfing the forums ;)
Genesis Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

looks sexy ;)