Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Server Suggestions [Gamemodes]

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
This post was updated on .
This is a thread where we can brainstorm ideas. I will update the top post (this one) with all ideas that we have and Ill explain the gamemodes.

Please say your ideas :) and Vega, R3V and LouK please say if it is realistic. I will put everyone's name for credit of the idea.

Ideas:
One in the Chamber: 1 bullet in DE, it is 100% damage, when it is gone you have knife to slice for more DE rounds but the knife does like 15HP damage. DE kill = 1 more DE bullet. [WarLord]

God VS All: 1 vs all (the 1 person is switched out every round end). The god has good health regen, OP weapons (lots of ammo and damage) while everyone else has like pistols or weak weapons and has to take down the God. Every map everyone plays once as the God. [WarLord] -=[Idea cancelled due to coding]=-

Sharpshooter: weapons cycle after a set period of time, kill players to earn points, gain perks for getting kills in a row. Start with Beretta, 30 seconds later, Beretta is changed to a random weapon, (grenades, knifes) etc.. Dosent have to be Beretta to start with, maybe hard to code the weapon cycle time,  and random weapon script. [BumbleBee]

Sticks and stones: spawn with only a SR8, Throw knife and grenade. kill players to earn points, get grenades kills to reset the players points to zero. [BumbleBee]

Hide and seek: a set amount of players spawn with only 1 smoke grenade, 1 grenade and 3 ammo in any pistol, the objective is to find and eliminate the players that are supposed to be hiding. The players that are seeking spawn with any sub machine gun with 15 bullets, 2 knifes and a pistol with 10 ammo. [BumbleBee]

Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT):  The game is about a group of "terrorists" who have traitors among them, out to kill everyone who's not a traitor. A small number of players is selected as "Traitors", who have to kill all the Innocent players (ie. the rest of the players). Those innocents know they are in the majority, but they do not know who is Traitor and who is not. [Sh1omi]

Please give your ideas what you think might be enjoyable. Gather ideas now and we can maybe vote on which ones are the most popular. This thread is just for listing ideas not a thread asking for the servers :)

Be creative :D
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Server Suggestions [Gamemodes]

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
well interesting ideas indeed.

about "one in a chamber": this could be funny and i think its possible to implement that.

about "god vs all": hm this is maybe not that good, bcs if there are 18 players playing its 17 vs the god, but for three players its just 2 vs the god. Maybe its possible to make the strength of the god depend on the number of players in the other team. But this will not be easy to implement, i think. Look kinda difficult :)
But the idea could be good.
:{Per}: !TopFox
Reply | Threaded
|  

!TopFox
Mapping Staff
Scrim Staff
In reply to this post by WarLord
Awesome idea for the one in the chamber!!!! But why DE? It's the less precise pistol. Maybe colt?

About God, I think it would be unfair all the time because either there will too much people against the God, or there won't be enough.

I'll suggest a few ideas this afternoon =)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
Technically the first can be made, about the second im still not able to set the bleed stuff, and without that your god will die soon if everyone shot at him, doesnt matter how much is his health regen
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
Ahh ok! @Top: If you use Colt it will be too OP, we want it so you can miss a lot and it will train you to have good aim.

Edit: @Vega Too bad :( Its ok. It would be awesome to have but it is not so important.

@R3V: Weapons dont need to be changed, maybe only number of gods. Like 6v1 god, 8v2.... but doesnt matter as it is difficult to implement.

Edit2: Any more ideas?
:{Per}: BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
I dont suppose you got one in the chamber from call of duty?
Anyways, its sorta fun...
As for God, I think that's about like infected from the halo series, and also like Turned from the cod zombies section..

Not a fan of either, but may be better on urt.

Ok my ideas,

Sharpshooter - weapons cycle after a set period of time, kill players to earn points, gain perks for getting kills in a row.
E.g ;
Start with Beretta, 30 seconds later, Beretta is changed to a random weapon, (grenades, knifes) etc.. Dosent have to be Beretta to start with, maybe hard to code the weapon cycle time,  and random weapon script.

Sticks and stones ;
Spawn with only a SR8, Throw knife and grenade. kill players to earn points, get grenades kills to reset the players points to zero.

Hide and seek ;
a set amount of players spawn with only 1 smoke grenade, 1 grenade and 3 ammo in any pistol, the objective is to find and eliminate the players that are supposed to be hiding.
The players that are seeking spawn with any sub machine gun with 15 bullets, 2 knifes and a pistol with 10 ammo.

If you like these ideas, ill go into detail about damages etc.
The British are coming, sooner than you think we are.
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
Updated top post with your ideas. Isn't shartshooter like our old GunGame server? I really like the idea of Hide and Seek and maybe with it we can catch wall hackers better :D but it can also cause no one to come because of hackers always winning. Sticks and stones seems nice. For the reset kills stats and deaths we can do the !rc command which the KsL server has. It forces the player to spec and then back to team with 0:0 ratio.
:{Per}: BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
No, our old GunGame, you had to kill enemies to get a next weapon up, and it would finish as soon as someone got a kill with the final gun.

Sharpshooter, you have to wait, say ; 45 seconds, before you get another weapon. You could set max frag limit to about 50?
The British are coming, sooner than you think we are.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
WarLord wrote
For the reset kills stats and deaths
You can do this within the (modified) engine, just set both deaths and kills to 0 and no need to move players to spec.
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
Bump! Any more ideas? Doesn't matter if you think it is impossible. We can make it simpler or make it work with code.
:{Per}: ExDeath
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
This God vs All reminds me of the Superman vs all server in 4.1
It was pretty cool :D
Montage erstellt Bloggif <3
:{Per}: sh1omi
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT):
The game is about a group of "terrorists" who have traitors among them, out to kill everyone who's not a traitor.

A small number of players is selected as "Traitors", who have to kill all the Innocent players (ie. the rest of the players). Those innocents know they are in the majority, but they do not know who is Traitor and who is not.

The Traitors must use the element of surprise and their special equipment, if they are to succeed. The Innocent just have to survive, which means finding out who the Traitors are and killing them before they kill you. Of course everyone is holding a big gun, and everyone looks suspicious...

A small number of players is selected as "Detective", who have to find with the Innocent players the traitors.
Everyone know who is the detective(This the only person the innocent players can trust), they got special equipment too.

Its fun game and I hope it possible to make it in UrT :3
btw you can search "Trouble In Terrorist Town" in youtube/google for better explaination
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
I know that game buuuuuuuuuuut I think its impossible for UrT :(
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
In reply to this post by sh1omi
Watch this.

Usually there is only 1 detective. I think this will be very hard to make but if we do! IT WILL BE AMAZING!! AAMMAAZZIINNGG! This mod is really fun and is worth every effort!
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
Thats true War :D
:{Per}: Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

Vega
In reply to this post by ExDeath
ExDeath wrote
This God vs All reminds me of the Superman vs all server in 4.1
It was pretty cool :D
I liked that server too.
I'm learning how to put objects in map and when i'll be able to do it i can do a mod similar to that:
- an item in the map (position fixed in every map), like tacgoogle
- when a player take it he will be superman (knife that make you invisible, power weapon etc.)
- when superman die item returns available or returns available every 2 min idk

Anyway if we want a new mod we MUST put bots in it. The difference between a server with bots and one without (in term of popularity) is too high. Look at gunmoney, thanks to bots it is always full (10+) and no bot is connected then(autokick bots when player > ~6), but it make players connect, but you already know this
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
I would call you God if you can do a similar Mod like that :o
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
Same here! All hail the God Vega!
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
yes, good idea. I loved that server :)
:{Per}: Juggernaut#69
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juggernaut#69
Anti-Cheat Staff
mmh...
What do you think of a ''Training Day''? It's one day per week where we have a closed server for :{Per}: members. There we can train for Scrims or just for fun. Gamemodes like Sr8 only, TDM, FFA or what else.
Don't listen to Legends.
Be a Legend.