Share the serious stuff you found in the deepest darkest parts of the internet....

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
:{Per}: pyrrho
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Share the serious stuff you found in the deepest darkest parts of the internet....

pyrrho
any format is welcomed ... even raw data :P

superior cognitive flexibility in players of first person shooter games:
http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2010.00008/full

have u ever wondered how arnold schwarzenegger became governor of california? :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbHA76-Hi0

Are some diets “mass murder”?            hint: bmj.g7654

Mexico’s Supreme Court Rules Smoking .... is a ... what ? :D

:{Per}: Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Share the serious stuff you found in the deepest darkest parts of the internet....

Genesis
th first artice was interesting at first, but as soon as I saw those pictures with their reaction times in ms, it got fishy.
it saiys VGPs (Video Game Players) have an average reaction time of 415ms, which is very slow.
heres a website for you to test yourself: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

you can expect something under 400ms, normally even under 300ms from casual gamers under 30 years (because around that age, you get slower) and "good" gamers often get scores under 250ms

when you scroll down on the website from above (http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime) you can see a diagram with the statistics. there you can clearly see that 400ms is way slower than the average.

ofc I cant really prove anything of what I said, but if you do a little google research, youll see that 400ms is quite slow :)
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."
- Helen Keller
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Share the serious stuff you found in the deepest darkest parts of the internet....

Genesis

here is my average reaction time as reference, on good days I get under 200ms, on bad days its around 250-260ms
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
In reply to this post by pyrrho
sorry Gene, i dont want to disrupt this discussion, but pyr started many possible discussions with his thread ^^
about the stuff concerning Mexicos Supreme Court rules that smoking pot...:
First of all, I never smoked pot and i dont smoke cigarettes.
In my oppinion, anyone can smoke/take whatever he wants if he doesnt harm other people. (About passive smoking this "harm" may be hard to define, but by using proper human understanding this might work out [not in public buildings, etc...])
So i dont have a problem, if this stuff gets legalized (it wasnt yet, but now there is the ground on which such a law could be made in mexico).
But to argue this on the ground of human rights???? Are you serious?? Or is that the result of smoking all day?^^
The article i linked on says that the argument they used was a paragraph in the human rights "the right to the free development of one’s personality", interpreted as something like "I have the right to harm myself as much as i like". And for this they want to legalize more ways to harm yourself??
If i wanted to argue about that, i would use arguments like:
 - The health risk is not really higher than for alcohol and cigarettes
 - It is not possible to get physically addicted to Marijuana
 - It boosts thinking and all your senses for a short time (on the long run rather negatively, but still...)
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
R3V1S0R wrote
"I have the right to harm myself as much as i like"
I guess youre not allowed to harm the governments property...
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
R3V1S0R wrote
But to argue this on the ground of human rights???? Are you serious?? Or is that the result of smoking all day?^^
The article i linked on says that the argument they used was a paragraph in the human rights "the right to the free development of one’s personality", interpreted as something like "I have the right to harm myself as much as i like". And for this they want to legalize more ways to harm yourself??
well this is a bit tricky r3v xD Is not the right to harm myself as much as i want but the right of doing whatever i want as long as noody is in danger and i don t cause any troubles.
on this subject we can have an endless talk cause it s a matter of opinion  but considering that more harmful things has been legalised ( such as food fool of hormons and alcohol, wich for me is one of the worst ) they may have a point. even if it s a small one.
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
In reply to this post by Genesis
@genesis
do this test:
http://www.psytoolkit.org/lessons/simple_choice_rts.html

@revisor
a news article is not the good starting point for this discussion
your reaction was like mine ... that's why i searched the full text ... it can be dl from here(... i did not read it all)
http://www.docfoc.com/download/documents/mexico-s-supreme-court-ruling-on-cannabis-english-translation

btw i did not know until now that is a difference between physical dependence and addiction
http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm?ID=15
http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/19/is-marijuana-addictive-it-depends-how-you-define-addiction/

@genesis
lol ... u think we all are gov propriety?

@nightmare
lets imagine u r the gov would you legalize this for recreational use?

Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
Reply | Threaded
|  

Alabanda
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis

the second part was quite hard, not gonna lie :D but Ill give it a try later tomorrow, when i got some sleep. maybe Ill do better then.

pyrrho wrote
dont you think so?
- Helen Keller
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
Genesis wrote
pyrrho wrote
dont you think so?
I dont!
Government is something created/elected by people. The government should do what the people want.
And even if it doesnt, because it follows interests of some rich people or companies, it is still nothing without us.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
they (the government and the rich ppl with influence) use us to make money, so for me it seems like we are their property. you arent as free as you used to be a few hundred years ago. I couldnt even go out in the woods to camp without cops bitching at me for no actual reason! you are only allowed to act in a specific pattern, made by the "upper class". I dont feel free at all in this society
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
this is an endless talk. they let us think we are important and when we wanna stand up against them they ll find a way tu bribe us cause we are too weak to resist the money and the power they promise, after everything is over they take us and judge us for what we ve done forgeting that they were the ones who actually bribe us. any way u looking at it we will always be the sheeps looking for guidance and ofc they will be the wolf dressed in shepard:)
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
Genesis wrote
the second part was quite hard, not gonna lie :D but Ill give it a try later tomorrow, when i got some sleep. maybe Ill do better then.

pyrrho wrote
dont you think so?
u dont need to do the test again(coz u probably obtain better results) just read the introduction.

now the question u ask ....... hmmm ....... i will answer later

.... in the meantime you can wach this:

Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho

Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
This post was updated on .
Genesis wrote
pyrrho wrote
dont you think so?
i "ruminated" some time how to give u a good answer ... ant it still bugs me how u reached your conclusion
something similar with your camping experience happened to me ...

the answer strictly to your question:
no (this is a hard to reach conclusion after my similar incident)

now i have written a longer explanation in which if i re-frame the question the answer is:
yes  (but is a different question)

and i started to write a even longer version with legal references .... but i realized that no one wants to read like 10 books and a lot of legal bs(echr hudoc judgments and decisions) just to reach a conclusion who in the end may be controversial
so in this instance my answer is im neutral like a good pyrrhonian skeptic :D

... if someone is willing to read just start a topic in the private area

moving on ... :P

Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
the hardest(???) way to become rich:

just 1 question: did grigori perelman get his million ? and if not why not?
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
Ah yes.
The P vs NP problem is something extremely important in theoretical computerscience/informatics.
Many of my professors discussed that with respect to different topics.

Fact is, that if P = NP, every crypto system could be cracked in polynomial time. So byebye encryption perfection. :/

and about grigori perelman: He didnt attend to the award presentation after he solved one of the seven millenium-problems.
Quite weird, that he spent ages solving it and then he didnt show up...
Well, good for the Clay Mathematics Institute, which can save money to give it to the next one solving one of the problems. :)
Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho