:{Per}: Kurokei
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Your view on politics

Kurokei
Mapping Staff
Recruiter
The post of Rev gave me the idea of creating this topic about politics I would like to know your opinion on the world, democracy, the economy, without falling into caricature childish "world is not beautiful and people are nasty"
I hope it does not put us too much on disagreement
-----------------------------
well, i should have been more concrete:
I dont like the USA. And with that i dont mean the nature (some national parks are really really fantastic and great for hiking or simply enjoying (i went to USA twice)). I mean the politics and especially the mentality of the people. Go everywhere by car. Be arrogant and selfish. Be patriotic and love the US. WE ARE THE GOOD ONES!! Guns.... and capitalism (i dont say that im a communist, but i still dont like to see people exploited by some extremely rich guys, buying things they dont need and ruining poor countrys (or the people in there)) I could go on like this for a while, but i dont want to bore you with politics/economics [At least not in this thread (far too off-topic)]

-----------------------------

I personally dont like the usa I'm not talking about people I do not know any personally but of US policy, which really gives an imperialist sentiment, and a unilateral right to interfere on the rest of the world due to its military superiority.
I know it's not a good argument but looking to Bush Trump Hillary do not give me a good impression but it's not only a probleme in US all over the world
the elites are gangsters , corrupt or under influence, true professionals of lies and manipulation... And never represents the people

And you, what do you think ?
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Your view on politics

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
i absolutely agree on what you said.

Ridiculously enough, even the poor people in the US don't want things like free health and social systems, because they have been brainwashed by the media (mostly belonging to some very rich companies). "Because all health and social systems are communist stuff made by people who want to control your life and who dont want to give you the opportunity to decide by yourself" omg...

And even if they dont have such systems, they still pay almost the same taxes as the people in Canada. But in the US the taxes are mostly used for the army. I really dont like that, im not sure, if im a real pacifist, but at least i find it terrible, that so many countries, including the US ofc are producing more and more arms. They even sell them to local forces in poor countries, like some in africa, and so they support civil wars all over the world -.-
:{Per}: Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
In reply to this post by Kurokei
thats a very interesting topic, and I would love to read all of your opinions! sadly I dont feel  like I know enough about all that to post my own opinion :/
so please keep this thread alive
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
Sorry if I'm going a bit off of USA now...I'm kinda heading to the EU states and looking at Denmark right now.
So uhm if I'm allowed to ask what do you guys think of Denmark as a country in the NATO?
I've lived here for about a year now and since I'm half Danish we also have a lot of family up here...
Everyone in Denmark keeps crying about that they have to pay so many taxes (The marginal tax rate is approx. 56%).
But then they have to think about that the state helps others with no money a lot. Fx. homeless...you wouldn't see a homeless on the streets in Denmark UNLESS they choose to become homeless. There are special houses and apartments for homeless people and they get enough food, health care and they get looked after twice a week or so. So basically it's impossible to be homeless in Denmark.
Also they pay students a loooooot of money and it's not like it is in the US, where you have to pay it all back...Basically it gets taken from the taxes. That can be good or bad tho, but imo it's good in the most cases.
Yeah....what do you guys think about Denmark?
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
well, i dont know too much about denmark (i was there twice in holiday, but nothing more).
What you are telling sounds good. I like the idea of free education and housing for those who need it.
:{Per}: sh1omi
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
In reply to this post by RexXxie
@Rex
Taking more than half of your income is just a stupid idea that not helping the economy.
If you say that there is no homeless people in Denmark so where the money go? to the poor people that dont want to work or to the politicians?
They pay the students from your taxes(more than half of your income each month) so it will be better for you just to save money each month..
Facts:
The unemployment rate in Denmark is 5.8%(~331k people that live from ur money and not working).
Male life expectancy in Denmark is 78, pretty low especially when u pay more than half of ur monthly income.
What I think: Denmark sux :d
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
:{Per}: Kurokei
Reply | Threaded
|  

Kurokei
Mapping Staff
Recruiter
@Sh1
 not related but i would prefer my money to go to poor people who dont want to work than politician or big trust
 because the poor people will buy things and re inject this money in the economy, that in some way will get taxes by something called TVA in EU
 but the big trust will simlpy evade the money (like in panama :p) and not be reinjected so that's more bad than the first case
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
@kur
Well Thats was my point that you cant "perfer", you need to trust the politician that your money going to the right place.
In countris that the tax is low(not 56% xD) you can donate and choose where your money will go(homeless people, people with cancer or even to people that dont want to work lol)
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
Reply | Threaded
|  

Mr.Yeah!
UrT Server Admin
In reply to this post by sh1omi
sh1omi wrote
Taking more than half of your income is just a stupid idea that not helping the economy.
Are you basing that assumption on the following statement?
RexXxie wrote
(The marginal tax rate is approx. 56%).
Because well... Marginal tax rate ≠ overall effective tax rate
And looking at the source for this quote:
The marginal tax rate is approx. 56 % and the effective PIT rate is approx 35%-48% .

The employee will look at his net income after PIT and social contributions, which will in principle be approx. 52-65 % of the salary.
Also @kuro, TVA is the french acronym, it's called VAT in english :d
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
@sh1
Ofcourse always some people are without a work, but in Denmark it's mostly because they're disabled, retarded whatever.
Also you didn't say homeless, but people without work ;)
So they get help from the state and the taxes that you pay.
Also it's not that easier to "save up" your money. My parents fx. wanted to save up money to pay for my school and they couldn't do it from the 4 years ago when I asked them to since they had to use it on other things.
That's why it's way better if you kind of are forced to pay for it :)
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
In reply to this post by Mr.Yeah!
@yeah Yes, it was based on what he wrote(I just searched in google now and I there is no info about the taxes xD).
In the links that you post there is no really info about the taxes but they still wrote "personal income taxes (PIT) are high in Denmark."

@rex people without work cant make the economy better,right?
I didnt talk about homeless people because to get good info about homelessness population you need to go out and count them lol
2009: http://politiken.dk/newsinenglish/ECE783899/dk-has-5000-homeless/
2015: http://cphpost.dk/news/more-homeless-people-in-denmark.html
I dont know if 6k is "alot" but I pretty sure that 6k is not nothing.

Banks have a program for saving money so you can each month deposite X dollars and you even get percents every year(not alot but still xD).
If you "forced to pay" then what if you want to use it on "other things". Saving money for school and then using it for "other things" seems that the "other things" are very important so in Denmark you wont be able to do that.
When the tax is low you can decide where your money will go(good school, good doctor or maybe just give all ur money to me :d)
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
sh1omi wrote
When the tax is low you can decide where your money will go(good school, good doctor or maybe just give all ur money to me :d)
The problem is, that we (humans) are not perfect. Imagine the following (assuming that your not currently saving money for something): If you have 100€ left at the end of the month, then you could do something usefull with it, like donating it to the poor and the sick. But will you do it? Most likely not. Because you never know, if you have an accident or something and you may need the money yourself, so better keep it...

But if the government takes this money and gives it to those who need it, they are happy and can keep living. And you are also happy. -> win-win ^^
Of course it is possible that an accident or something happens and you need the money and you dont have it. In that very rare case you have a problem, but in my opinion, it is worth the risk.

I still think, that it should be necessary to work, to have a good life, but the absolute minimum should be provided without work, because this isnt a fair world (job shortage, sick/disabled people,....).

sh1omi wrote
@sh1: do you think rich people that hide their money in foreign contries to avoid taxes (panama, etc...) help the economy?

Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
R3V1S0R wrote
Of course it is possible that an accident or something happens and you need the money and you dont have it. In that very rare case you have a problem, but in my opinion, it is worth the risk.
I dont think that would be a problem, wouldnt you just become one of the "poor or sick" ppl? wouldnt the government pay for you?
- Helen Keller
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
@rev
If you have 100€ left and you want to do with that something but the goverment take it, how will you be happy? Its not win-win.
Rex wrote
Everyone in Denmark keeps crying about that they have to pay so many taxes
R3V1S0R wrote
do you think rich people that hide their money in foreign contries to avoid taxes (panama, etc...) help the economy?
Moving ur money to foreign contries is not easy thing and illegal so if the tax is low the rich people will keep pay tax for the country and make the economy better.
This why there is tax brackets so the goverment try to make everyone happy as possible but if the tax is high no one happy and the economy wont grow(rich people wont live there and poor people wont be able to get out of the "poor" status).
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
Actually I have to take that back...
They don't cry about, ofcourse they're unhappy with it, but they live with it.
Also it's a known fact that Danish people are the happiest :3
That's because they live with what they have and they aren't sad about all the stuff they don't have.
:{Per}: ExDeath
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
Sounds like a good country ^^
Better than Germany where everyone wants to earn as much as possible but dont want to spend fair prices for their food :p
And than they wonder why the fuck the 1 € "meat" is so fucking bad xD
Montage erstellt Bloggif <3
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
Yeah...I can kinda agree to that.
Also germans always are soooooo stressed and have to get everywhere so fast, just because their timing is quite bad XD
I can talk of myself a bit there, since when you live in a country where everyone is stressed you get it too.
In Denmark people are way more relaxed even tho they still meet up to a good time :)
Also in Germany never buy pig that isn't biological. It's going to be pumped full with every chemical they possibly can put in a pig to make the meat cheaper...
We always buy biological meat and food in general if it's something like eggs fx. because otherwise you basically pay a concern money so that they go on with having 14 chickens or so on 1 square meter, and trust me I'm not exaggerating.
But that was kind of off-topic, sorry. Let's say something about Germany XD
I'll go ahead with some negative aspects, you other Germans can overtake the good ones D:
Angela Merkel (Germany's Federal President) doesn't do anything against people like Erdogan. In my opinion Erdogan (Turkish president) is a giant asshole, just like Trump. So a guy from Germany (Jan Böhmermann) made a satire video about Erdogan which was very insulting on Erdogan's site, so he sued Jan Böhmermann. Right now the case is being investigated, and Merkel isn't doing anything.
She should kind of try to protect Böhmermann. This might be a bit of too much if we talk about the "freedom of speech/opinion", but it's still satire and Böhmermann shouldn't be sued for it. So that is a bit fked up about germany's Federal President...
Yep. That's what I have to say about Germany D: Sorry guys!
Reply | Threaded
|  

kotomi
-----
Banned User
germans are pigs and they eat pigs WOW
go to czech if you want to know what great country is!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
well, fuck you too I guess
- Helen Keller
Reply | Threaded
|  

SkillShot92
In reply to this post by kotomi
kotomi wrote
germans are pigs and they eat pigs WOW
go to czech if you want to know what great country is!
lol i gotta agree with him on one point : czech females are some delicious creatures, no doubt it's a great country for that (Poland too!)

Btw, Tomoyo > Ichinose.