international Rock music!

Posted by R3V1S0R R3V1S0R
Options
I just came from an italian restaurant and there was some rock music coming from some speakers and i really enjoyed it (i didnt get a word, because they spoke italian, so i can not tell you which song/band it was, but it was nice).
This brought the idea to my mind to open this thread. I know the world is full of good rock bands and its a pity that only the english speaking ones are well known (in an international context [i know, thats logical, but still...]).
We are an international and multicultural clan, so i suggest that for every country, represented by a member, someone posts a few band names and hyper-links or embedded youtube videos of their best song(s), sung in your own language. (preferably rock, but if you really dont know any good rock music from your country, other genres are ok as well)

EDIT: i will not do this today, because i had some beers in that restaurant and will sleep now, maybe tomorrow. (Pls be tolerant about any typos i might have done)

10 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
SkillShot92 SkillShot92
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: international Rock music!

This post was updated on .
bruh Rock is my favorite kind of music by far.

But like the TV shows, movies and songs in general, the good ones are mostly from the good old USA.

____

My favorite bands with some of my fav songs from them :

US : Linkin Park (Numb, Shadow of the days) ; Skillet (Hero) ; Three Days Grace (Born like this)
Germany : Rammstein
France : ..........................error404 (or maybe Daft Punk, but that's kinda different than the rock we know, try Get Lucky if you wanna check out)

EDIT: where the hell is the underline [u][/u] balista ? too lazy to change, pls magic my [u][/u] into [i][/i]
EDIT² : i wrote this before your edit and i'm still lazy soz

EDIT (R3V): done -> lazy..........
EDIT (Skill): thank you bro you da MVP
Nightmare Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
linking park is a combinaton of rap and rock ( accetable) skillet hmmm ok.
but u cnt say rock is you favourite music by far without pointing out some classics like eye of the tiger by survivor (wich is imo one of the best rock songs ever) or without acdc metallica guns and roses etc. skillet is new ge eration but does not compare with old school. rammstein is ok but i prefer nighwish for example. tracks like: i wish i had an angel, the islander, bye bye beautiful, nemo etc.
and let s not forget H.I.M  and nirvana. skill idk wat kind of rock music u listen but lp and skillet is like bmw against rolls royce ( those are cars xD) they are ok but far from the gods ( even tho i like and liten to both)
rambo rambo
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by R3V1S0R
stefano rosso, una storia disonesta

ExDeath ExDeath
Reply | Threaded
|  

No chance ... i dont listen to turkish songs and never going to do it :p (also there is not a single good song i know ...)

I prefer the well known old Rock Bands like Guns n Roses, ACDC etc ......
SkillShot92 SkillShot92
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Nightmare
Nightmare wrote
linking park is a combinaton of rap and rock ( accetable) skillet hmmm ok.
but u cnt say rock is you favourite music by far without pointing out some classics like eye of the tiger by survivor (wich is imo one of the best rock songs ever) or without acdc metallica guns and roses etc. skillet is new ge eration but does not compare with old school. rammstein is ok but i prefer nighwish for example. tracks like: i wish i had an angel, the islander, bye bye beautiful, nemo etc.
and let s not forget H.I.M  and nirvana. skill idk wat kind of rock music u listen but lp and skillet is like bmw against rolls royce ( those are cars xD) they are ok but far from the gods ( even tho i like and liten to both)
Bruh he said something about the overfamous rock bands/songs, i mean even non-rock listeners already know Ac/Dc, Metallica, Pink Floyd etc, so i didn't feel like talking bout them (but ofc i know/like them, even if not my favorites)

Linkin Park is also a very famous band but i guess most of people only know Numb, which is very good that's true, but imo "Burn it down", "Castle of glass", "I'll be gone" are also good songs.
Nightmare Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Ik LP pretty well but not a hige fan. They have nice songs, true but still xD
Mr.Yeah! Mr.Yeah!
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by SkillShot92
R3V1S0R wrote
their best song(s), sung in your own language.
SkillShot92 wrote
bruh Rock is my favorite kind of music by far.
France :
Daft Punk,  Get Lucky
Get Lucky is Disco/Funk though, not rock, and Pharell Williams is american.

As for france we have (had)

Also why not post something from Belgium? I think most people would know Stromae by now...

R3V1S0R R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

hm, some examples for german rock music are the following (not 100% Rock, if i see what you posted i think that is legit ^^)

Saltatio mortis (medieval inspired rock): Satans fall
Subway to Sally (kinda dark): Eisblumen
Powerwolf (somewhere between power metal and Rock): Kreuzfeuer
ASP (again kinda dark [quite unknown]): werben
Rammstein was already mentioned (but their genre is "Neue Deutsche Härte")

And im quite sure there are many more interesting bands/songs, but in fact most of the more popular german bands sing in english (scorpions, etc...). Probably thats the reason why they are more popular :)
Vega Vega
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by rambo
rambo wrote
stefano rosso, una storia disonesta
Everything but rock :P
Italian's rock suuucks i do not know what you listened! (hope wasn't Vasco Rossi, lol)
rambo rambo
Reply | Threaded
|  

ahah vego che spasso che sei.
here we haave different stiles of italian rock music,have fun

max gazze, sotto casa

afterhours, germi

marlene kuntz, il vile full album

banda bardò, ubriaco canta amore

offlaga disco pax, kappler