classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
:{Per}: pyrrho
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

old and lazy

pyrrho
i just been accepted as a member of Per  so i must say (only) a few words about me :P
what you will read is more like a short psychoanalysis of my gaming history  in probably a bad english
i'm sooo old and lazy …..
i first seen a computer before the romanian revolution( in 1989) .. it was with punched cards and the first shooter experience was born not much after that using (not only) perforated cards as ammo(cone darts and chewed paper) in the blowgun
i first  "worked" on a few computers (one amiga and the rest comodore 64) in 1991 in the 6-th grade computer lab... no shooters = =>  did not like it !!!
same year i bought a hand compressing air gun looking almost like a real luger with soft rubber ammo ... i will shoot with him the legs of the girls in school :D
in this period i was reading all the books of karl may published in my language and some of james clavell only because the family tv broke and with the high inflation in that  period  we did not have a tv for few years. That reading introduced me to what will become an fps obsession.
i started playing fps in 1992
first fps was wolf 3d in ms-dos on a 66 mhz cpu computer with 1 mhz gpu (not mine but i have now this pc -i will try to see if is still starting to see what’s  on him)
my first pc was a second hand Compaq DeskPro 2000 166 mhz with an 16 mhz gpu, 48 MB SDRAM, and an dialup modem (i remember piggy banking few years for this pc and broke the bios in the first week) … and the gaming saga begins
i played since then all shooters possible (doom, duke, heretic, quake, halflife, cs, unreal, gta, postal, splinter etc)and driving and rarely strategy games(like homm 3)
almost any level based fps game i put my hand on i finished in max 3 days playing sometimes 10 hours per day
if i could not pass a level i searched for cheats online like godmode, gravity and unlimited ammo (probably that's why i like gunmoney)
in 2002 i stoped playing coz just finished university(chemistry) and decided to do serious shit not play all day and night
i erased windoza and at that time i thought slackware was the shit and never use any other os (tried a lot of os to reach this conclusion like freebsd,netbsd,sunos,qnx neutrino,sun solaris,beos, many linux flavors(all major distros), GNU, OS X on pc(ideneb iatkos), win 31 95 98 me 2000 nt xp)
i transformed playing mania in reading mania (and other manias) i read an english book in max 3 days (excepting philosophy, technical and very long books)majority in 1 day
the principle of finding a book to red is: if i don’t know something i find at least a book with that subject(often to many) and read it(read them)
i did 2 postgraduate schools (law and informatics)
i started a firm in 2008 and liquidate it this year.
i had a hiatus period of playing until i found urt on an ubuntu in 2012

love :
ataraxia
a good controversy
ruminate ideas
“the scientific  method” and “empirical falsification”
animals plants and fungi  (organic life) I have a garden a dog and had 7 cats and 6 dogs
campers in urt ... in my team

like:
stealing teh flag
movies: sf comedy documentary tutorials and  ted talks (hate horror)
reading
cycling
golfing
to aestivate naked in the sun (on my terrace)
inebriation without alcohol  (the natural high)
inebriation with alcohol (I do my own wine and now im beginning  to brew beer)
to lose sometimes (especially when is a small loss and a big knowledge gain)

i am neutral about:
almost everything until I form an informed opinion and even than i always search and sometimes  sustain the other  side of  the argument  only to remain neutral --- this is very important to me!!!
music  - i liked progressive rock and electronic (like trance goa); now i like the silence
art
sex (not enough natural high)

dislike:
campers in urt (if they are  beginners)
eating
smokers in proximity (i was a smoker for 18 years)
humans who ignore the evidence in front of them (not the ones who have a different interpretation or a different opinion )
dictatorial tendencies  (like forcing of an opinion on someone else –not forcing someone to acknowledge a fact and form an opinion)
organized competitions (like olimpics)

hate:
campers in urt ... teh old ones
watching tv (a few days ago i installed my tv , turned on to see if still works after a few years and watched a few hours of FTV on mute playing urt)
windows
violence and cruelty
fishing (did it a few times)
hunting  (never did that … did had many occasions) and never buy wild animal products
hunters  
real guns
driving
football

well that was the short version  and i omitted a few thinks …. maybe I will write a long version with punctual events  or it was to much ? any questions ? am I still a Per member ?  
:(Per):pyrrho  aka sextus  

PS: you can write here anything about me and maybe about your good or bad experience with me in game (I don’t mind) or even a simple hi would make me happy!
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: old and lazy

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
Welcome to our clan mate!

Wow mate what an long thread :D i read most of it i need to go through again lol! That first pc you had tho... Its looks so bad now but back then it must have been awesome! 

I think one of out clan members, bumblebee, is going to be annoyed that you wrote more than him on an about to post :)

But dont worry :D 

--
I hate life.
:{Per}: Genesis
Reply | Threaded
|  

Genesis
In reply to this post by pyrrho
A very interesting story, Id love to read your long version!
btw.. do you have kids? if not, wanna be my dad? xD
but srsly, you seem like an awesome guy and I would like to hear more from you
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."
- Helen Keller
:{Per}: sh1omi
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
"inebriation without alcohol  (the natural high) " Are you saying that u use drugs? lol
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads
:{Per}: RexXxie
Reply | Threaded
|  

RexXxie
@sh1 No, I'm pretty sure that he means laying on his terrace naked :P XD jk.

You seem like a very interesting guy and since I don't know a lot about PC's, systems, etc. I can only say that as it seems you have a very cool sight on a few things that I share with you. Looking forward to play with you and welcome to the family ;)
<3 <3 <3
:{Per}: ExDeath
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
phew ... much to read (even if i didnt understand everything >.<)

Hi and welcome .... hmm what else .. have fun :? ... enjoy our forums :?

Montage erstellt Bloggif <3
:{Per}: Juriska
Reply | Threaded
|  

Juriska
Welcome aboard man!
Nice presentation indeed, also very interesting even if i dont know much about pc ^^
I d also like to read the long version :)

Well, see you in game then :)
time is precious... waste it wisely
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
sextus is a pleasure to have u finally here ^^ realy intereting to read what u wrote and i m quite curious about longer version. welcome abroad and have fun. hope to see u more often in forums. really glad u made this post. ^^ have fun and for now no questions ( i m a bit dizzy to ask u somthing now) but i ll come back later. till then i rest my case::))
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
:{Per}: R3V1S0R
Reply | Threaded
|  

R3V1S0R
Anti-Cheat Staff
wow a fascinating overview :)
You have an interesting view on some things.

Welcome on board!

I wish i would have lived back then :)
My first computer experience was with msdos.
:{Per}: donna30
Reply | Threaded
|  

donna30
Hey and welcome to the clan, i'd like to read the long version since I'm very amazed of the short one :) btw do you have Teamspeak / a microphone?
:{Per}: WarLord
Reply | Threaded
|  

WarLord
Creative
Scrim Staff
Oh I finally read the whole thread as I have time now. (Last time for 1Am :|) Oh yea when you get accepted in the clan you can see stuff about us. Ill link you when you become a 100% member :)

I'd like to read long version too if this was your short version :)
:{Per}: BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
*grumpy muttering to his self...*

*sniff Sextus*...

*Speechless*.......

*walks away muttering and grumpy again*...

If you make a long version... Imma make a long version...
=D, nice presentation though =))).
Welcome aboard the :{Per}: Team bro! May we conquer the world... I mean UrT World...
The British are coming, sooner than you think we are.
:{Per}: rambo
Reply | Threaded
|  

rambo
hi sex, welcome here..now we need the long version!
maybe we will see this night if u are online
:{Per}: Rilo
Reply | Threaded
|  

Rilo
:(Per):pyrrho wrote
love :
campers in urt ... in my team

dislike:
campers in urt (if they are  beginners)

hate:
campers in urt ... teh old ones
LMAO, just, just genius xD u should be pretty neutral then with the campers xD
Welcome man, headover to Ts3 if u wanna find me and some of the other people who actually comes there xD
Zas, en toda la boca. Bazingaa!! The more you know who you are, And what you want. The less you let things upset you.
:{Per}: pyrrho
Reply | Threaded
|  

pyrrho
@all
thank you for your welcome
maybe in time will be a long version … is hard now for me to write in english coz don’t have training

@members I do not know
nnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeeee 2 meeeeet uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

@warlord
1st one was  a pc designed  for business and not so great for games  but I love it.
if i get accepted in the clan 1st i will read the stuff about u :D

@genesis
no kids and  don’t want any atm and need to know your mother  to be your dad :P
u make me remember of  a girl who offered to be my sister  …  and always called me brother

@shlomi
the simplest answer is : no I don’t take drugs  to be in the state of natural high.
natural high is a state of euphoria(drunkenness) without taking external drugs
the human body has lots of drug receptors  (majority in the brain and stomach) only because the body produce drugs for those receptors.  if a drug not have receptors in the body is not called drug  is called toxin or substance or food or any other name.
the drugs produced by the body are called neurotransmitters and regulate the functions of the body (including your mood)
u can see a list of known neurotransmitters and the receptors in the first table here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotransmitter
examples of  natural high from my experience:
when u have sex, when u r in love, when u laugh, when u r very happy, when u exit a music club or  listened to music for many hours, when u watch a movie marathon,  when u do physical exercise etc
u can read an detailed  example here: http://www.lehigh.edu/~dmd1/sarah.html
generally u need to do in excess an activity u like and stop the activity to feel  the high.

@ rexxxie
Lol
I never do sunbaths drunk - one neighbor (girl) died doing that
I will tell u an episode of my inebriation with alcohol:
In 8th grade I was at a punk concert with my “punkist” buddies (i did not like punk music)
Before the concert we convened to  meet in a park, when I arrived they already drunken 1 bottle of  rum and told me to buy another one but of vodka not rum, I did that and when they see the bottle they all say that was a cheap bottle and no one wanted to drink it . … well i drank  all the 500 ml bottle alone in front of them and after 30 min to 1 hour I was close to alcoholic coma(it was the only time I was drunk as fuck). Next, one friend carried me to his home … in the middle of a bridge I wanted to throw up  and did that at the bridge end in a bush (in that place vegetation died and never recovered that year); at this home I washed my stomach 4 times with water  throwing up each time.
since then I learned how much alcohol my liver can process and never exceed that quantity.
so the moral : if your liver is not trained to process the alcohol don’t drink! Learn how much alcohol your liver can process and never  exceed that quantity … and eat some animal fat before drinking

@exdeath
I know … I’m lazy too

@juriska
Well ……… see you in game then :P

@ nightmare
nightmare nightmare nightmare
the man who did have a hard case with me :P
did I ever thanked u for convincing me to join???

@revisor aka the man in the shadow who i rarely see in physical form in urt :P
back then was not so nice … now is better in my opinion

@donna30
yes teamspeak user pyrrho (but im not much of a talker)

@bumblebee
dont be grumpy ... is not a competition ... but it can be
conquer the whole urt world? lets start with a plan
*sextus scratching his head*...
*mindless*.......
*enters the urt word take a gun and kills everybody*...
*uups no one left 2 conquer ...* :D

@rambo
i will play immediately after posting this

@rilo
yep neutral 500 love = 1 dislike+ 499 hate =?> 100% neutral :P  
u like what a nice logic i did?
*mental note: gooooo to ts3 if i wanna find rilo.......* :D
:{Per}: Nightmare
Reply | Threaded
|  

Nightmare
Recruiter
Dont have to thank me. Seeing u here is more than enough^^
This is now your life, die buried alive!!!
:{Per}: BumbleBee
Reply | Threaded
|  

BumbleBee
Scrim Staff
Give this man a (Sh1omi's magic) cookie.
I like him.
The British are coming, sooner than you think we are.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Alabanda
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
:{Per}: ExDeath
Reply | Threaded
|  

ExDeath
In reply to this post by BumbleBee
Yup he deserved the dark magic cookie :o
Montage erstellt Bloggif <3
:{Per}: sh1omi
Reply | Threaded
|  

sh1omi
Technology Staff
 ok he will get the XL cookie. ( Dont tell him whats inside :d )
Flickr      360Cities
Vimeo      Downloads